Private Cognac Tour With Visit Of Cognac Estate, Distillery And Cooperage With Tasting From Angouleme
OverviewOn your way from Paris to Bordeaux or Saint Emilion, take the opportunity in this full day private tour, to explore the Cognac country visiting several estates where you will learn about the cognac making-process with an English speaking local guide. In the morning, visit a famous Cognac house (Courvoisier) and end the discovery with a tasting. Then after lunch, go to a cooperage and a craft distillery which supplies major brands in addition to its own local cognac. At the end of the tour, your guide will drive you back to your accommodation in Bordeaux or Saint Emilion.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDuring this private full day tour, you will discover 3 of the various facets of cognac. Your guide will pick you up at Angouleme train station of at your accommodation in Angouleme.
Your first visit will be at the Courvoisier headquarter and museum where you will learn about the history and the production of cognac. The visit ends by a tasting of several cognacs paired with some appetizers.
Have your lunch (not included), in a typical restaurant suggested by your guide : a true moment of conviviality and the best way to experiment the French way of life.
Craft distillers represent less than 2 % of the cognac worldwide market but they own and operate 97 % of the vineyard. When meeting one of them, you will observe the elaboration of cognac from vine to glass. Then, you will move towards the distillery where you will taste some local products.
Without barrels there is no cognac. Barrels are one of most important tool to elaborate cognac. As 50% of the French cooperages are located in the vineyard of cognac, touring the vineyard has to include the visit of one of them (not open to public).
Please note that in July and August, cooperages are closed. Instead, you will visit a wineestate producing wines, cognacs and Pineau des Charentes.
At the end of the tour, your guide will drive you to your accommodation in Bordeaux or Saint-Emilion ataround 6:30pm.
Inclusions for Private Cognac Tour With Visit Of Cognac Estate, Distillery And Cooperage With Tasting From Angouleme
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Cognac tastings
- Driver - cognac expert guide
- Transport by private vehicle or by air-conditioned minivan
- Pick-up at your hotel in the town of Angoulme
- Drop-off at your accommodation ifdowntown Bordeaux or Saint-Emilion
Exclusions for Private Cognac Tour With Visit Of Cognac Estate, Distillery And Cooperage With Tasting From Angouleme
- Train ticket from Paris to Angoulme
- Personal purchases and souvenirs
- Personal insurances
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age for tastings is 18 years
Adult pricing applies to all travellers
Dress code is smart casual
Not wheelchair accessible
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Please note that on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) and in the months of July and August, cooperages are closed. You will visit a winery producing local wines, cognacs and Pineau des Charentes instead.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.