Private Colosseum And Roman Forum Tour With Hotel Pick-up - Rome
OverviewLeave the crowds behind and with your skip-the-line tickets visit the Colosseum, one of the most amazing attractions that survives from the ancient world, and the Roman Forum, the political heart of Ancient Rome.- - - - - - 3 Hour Private Tour- - - - - - Standard Itinerary includes:ColosseumRoman ForumCapitoline HillRecommended Tour Extensions:Palatine Hill | St. Peter in Chains | Pantheon | San Clemente Basilica | Roman Houses on the Celio Hill | Trajan's Market
- All entrance fees included
- Skip the line
- Hotel pickup included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Family friendly
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourExplore the most monumental elements of the Eternal City with a private tour guide who will bring to life the spirit of the ancient Roman world. Enjoy the most important historical points of the city as you walk among the timeless statues, fountains, monuments, and ghosts of empires past.
Meet your guide at the hotel and start to bring your historical journey to life.
Visit the Colosseum, one of the largest surviving structures of the ancient world, where Romans once gathered to watch the gladiatoral games- battles with wild beasts, and according to legend, even sea battles. Discover how the Colosseum, a massive stone amphitheater which seated an estimated 60,000 spectators, was built in only 8 years. Your guide will unlock fascinating stories of its design and construction, the political benefits, the fighters themselves, and the eventual end of the games at the Colosseum.
At the Roman Forum, your guide will bring to life the mythology, popular celebrations of the time, and the gods of ancient Rome, which are reflected in the star signs in contemporary astrology. Learn how the pagan holiday Saturnalia influenced the unfolding of Christmas on the 25th of December today. Listen to the story of the Lapis Niger (Latin for black stone), the most ancient Latin text ever discovered in the world - which is housed in the base of one of the columns in the Forum.
Discover the Temple of the Vestal Virgins - where six young women taken from aristocratic families served as virgin priests of Vesta. They worked in the temple for a period of 30 years under different emperors and were regarded almost as goddesses. Their foremost duty was maintaining the sacred fire of Vesta which represented the hearth of Rome. As legend had it, as long as the sacred flame burned, Rome would endure.
End your tour withawonderful view of the city and of the Imperial ForumfromCapitoline Hill,the smallest and most important of the seven hills of Ancient Rome.
Inclusions for Private Colosseum And Roman Forum Tour With Hotel Pick-up
- Private tour
- Professional Licensed Blue Badge Tour Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located hotels)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Walking tour
- Admission ticket
Exclusions for Private Colosseum And Roman Forum Tour With Hotel Pick-up
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with mobility issues or those using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rome to Pompeii Shuttle Bus & Independent Day Trip
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum
- Florence and Pisa - Private All Day Tour from Rome