- Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon: learn the secrets of the Florentine recipes and have fun by learning how to reproduce the Italian specialties at home (3 hours)
- Connect with local people: meet the Cesarina at their home, you will receive the exact address once the booking is completed. Our Cesarine are located in Florence city centre.
- Taste the fruit of your labour and experience the authentic flavors of Florentine cuisine
- Enjoy a selection of red and white wines from Tuscany cellars: our Cesarine offer only wines of the territory.
- Take the official Cesarine apron and shopping bag back home
TUSCAN SOUP FOR THE SOUL: PAPPA AL POMODORO, RIBOLLITA AND ACQUACOTTA
Discover the flavours of Tuscanys land with this fantastic soup-making course. From this stunning landscape, unearth a treasure trove of fresh produce full of secrets to unlock. This region is famous for its humble soups, so make sure to learn the most trusted family recipes.
TYPICAL TUSCAN MEAT: CROSTINI WITH CHICKEN LIVER, 'LAMPREDOTTO' TRIPE, WILD BOAR 'ALLA CACCIATORA'
This course is for adventurous foodies who love trying out less common cuts of meat. Understanding peasant cuisine is fundamental if you want to understand Italian food culture, and these dishes reflect the times of hardship that Italys people have faced. As we see with chicken liver crostini and lampredotto tripe, less prestigious cuts of meat - in the right hands - can be turned into a true culinary delight. Wild boar has also been included, as it is a strong and flavor some ingredient directly from the Tuscan countryside.
TUSCANY'S SWEET TREATS: 'ZUCCOTTO' GELATO CAKE, PANFORTE AND CASTAGNACCIO
A course especially for those who love traditional desserts. Three indulgent Tuscan dishes, prepared on Feast Days and special occasions, such as Panforte, a famous Christmas treat, and Castagnaccio, an autumn cake made with freshly harvested chestnuts.
TOASTED BREAD WITH SWEET-AND-SOUR ONIONS, 'ACQUACOTTA MAREMMANA-STYLE' SOUP, CAKE WITH 'BISCHERI'
you will learn how to prepare toasted bread 'crostini' with sweet-and-sour onions, "acquacotta alla Maremmana" soup and a rice and chocolate 'Bischeri' cake.
'COCCOLI' FRITTERS WITH HAM AND STRACCHINO CHEESE, CHICKEN FRICASE, FLORENTINE-STYLE PEAS AND CHIANTI-SOAKED PEARS
We will make 'Coccoli' fritters, to be served with ham and creamy stracchino cheese, before moving on to preparing a chicken fricase, Florentine-style peas and pears soaked in Chianti wine.