- Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon: learn the secrets of the Milan recipes and have fun by learning how to reproduce the Italian specialties at home (3 hours)
- Connect with local people: meet the Cesarina at their home, you will receive the exact address once the booking is completed. Our Cesarine are located in Milan city centre.
- Taste the fruit of your labour and experience the authentic flavors of Milan cuisine
- Enjoy a selection of red and white wines from Lombardia cellars: our Cesarine offer only wines of the territory.
- Take the official Cesarine apron and shopping bag back home
LOMBARDY'S POLENTA THREE WAYS: POLENTA WITH CHEESE, POLENTA WITH COD, MILK POLENTA
Polenta is a much loved ingredient that is uncommon outside Italy. It was originally prepared during times of economic struggle, as it is very cheap and easy to produce. The type of flour used, cornflour or buckwheat, varies from region to region.
MILANESE MEAT: 'COTOLETTA' CUTLETS, 'OSSOBUCO' VEAL SHANKS, 'MONDEGHILI' MEATBALLS
If you love cooking with meat and want to hone your cooking skills to gain maximum flavour, look no further. For this course, you will learn to cook the finest Italian meats under the watchful eye of our expert Cesarine. Armed with a good-quality pan and a good deal of concentration, you will unlock the deepest secrets of the Italian kitchen.
SAFFRON RISOTTO, VEGETABLE MEATBALLS AND APPLE PIE
Learn how to prepare a delicious saffron risotto, followed by delicate vegetable meatballs served with two portions of fruit, and, to finish off, a delicious apple pie.
POTATO GNOCCHI, MILANESE OSSO BUCO AND CHOCOLATE PUDDING
We will prepare delicious potato gnocchi flavored by local 'red' sauce. Next, as a second course the Milanese Osso Buco, and to finish off, a lovely chocolate pudding.
SALTED CODFISH CREAM WITH CORN POLENTA CROUTONS, ANCHOVIES TART AND TIRAMIS
We will learn how to prepare a delicate salted codfish cream, to spread on polenta croutons, in addition to a typical anchovy tart and, for dessert, a sumptuous tiramis.