This full-day private tour from Ho Chi Minh City combines visits to the Cu Chi tunnels and the Mekong Delta. You will experience Vietnams wartime history as well as modern day life in the agricultural region at the mouth of the mighty Mekong River.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourWe’ll pick you up at your Ho Chi Minh City hotel in the early morning, and you’ll travel with your English-speaking guide to the Cu Chi tunnels. The drive is around 60 km.
At Cu Chi you’ll be shown a documentary film about the tunnels and learn how the locals made bamboo traps, rice-paper and rice-wine. You’ll then have the opportunity to explore the web of underground tunnels dug by Vietnamese resistance fighters.
After exploring the tunnels, we’ll drive to My Tho. This is one of the provinces that comprise the Mekong Delta area. We’ll cruise by boat along the upper Mekong through a region with islands named after 4 animals that appear in Buddhist writings – Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix and Turtle. On this part of the tour you’ll observe some of the activities of regional Vietnamese daily life and appreciate how life here depends on the River.
We’ll then take you on a trip by rowboat along the small waterways. You’ll see the agricultural richness of the delta region in its fruit orchards, coconut groves and bee-keeping farms. We’ll stop so you can enjoy honey tea, seasonal fruit, fresh coconut candy and southern Vietnamese folk music.
At the end of our tour we’ll drive back to Ho Chi Minh City and drop you off at your hotel at around 18:00.
Inclusions for Private Cu Chi Tunnels And Mekong Delta: Full-Day Guided Tour
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Cu Chi Tunnels And Mekong Delta: Full-Day Guided Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.