Private Cu Chi Tunnels Half-Day Tour - Ho Chi Minh City
OverviewLocated about 25 miles (40 km) northwest of Ho Chi Minh City, the Cu Chi tunnels consist of a vast network of 155 miles (250 km) of tunnels connecting underground living and cooking areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command center but also hundreds of trap doors. Initially dug with simple tools and bare hands for the fight against the French in the 1940s, the tunnels were then extended by Vietnamese revolutionary soldiers during the "American War" in the 1960s and 1970s. It became a large, multi-story, deep underground city providing hiding spots, as well as communication and supply routes, helping the Vietnamese revolutionaries. On this tour, you'll get to experience what it was like for those who called these tunnels home and how they endured.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your guide, leave the busy streets of Saigon on a 1.5 hour drive to Cu Chi district. You will be taken through the typical countryside of southern Vietnam.
On arrival, the visit starts with a short video documentary before spending the next 3 hours exploring the Ben Dinh section of the tunnels. You will learn more about the history, incredible tenacity and ingenuity of the Cu Chi inhabitants. More adventurous travelers will have the opportunity to crawl through the tunnels and to fire off some rounds from AK-47 or M-16 assault rifles at the shooting range.
Taste traditional boiled tapioca and hot tea before heading back to Saigon.
Inclusions for Private Cu Chi Tunnels Half-Day Tour
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- English/French speaking guide
- Entrance fee
- Tapioca and tea
- Bottled mineral waters and wet tissues
Exclusions for Private Cu Chi Tunnels Half-Day Tour
- Personal expenses
- Additional beverages
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ho Chi Minh City Private Airport Departure Transfer
- Small-Group Mekong Delta Day Trip from Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Water Puppet Show Including Dinner Cruise
- Private Evening Food Tour Including Bitexco Financial Tower Visit
- Private Mekong Delta Tour Including Ben Tre
- 4-Day Ho Chi Minh City Stay Including Round-Trip Airport Transfer
- Full-Day Rural Life Tour in Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh City
- Mekong Rural Life 2-Day Home-Stay from Ho Chi Minh