Meet your friendly private guide in the morning to start your fresh day from Fuxing Park where you can see many alive local activities, such as Tai Ji boxing, silk fan dancing, chorus, ballroom dancing, music performing, Diabolo,water calligraphy, and more. The locals are very proud of their skills and provide wonderful photo opportunities, so bring your camera. Do not be afraid to ask questions, as they also love to teach or talk with you about their skills. Your guide can provide translation when necessary.
Then, enjoy some tasty local breakfast in the Former French Concession area. Wandering through alleys covered with luxuriant sycamores, you will see the local people seated along the street with a cup of tea chatting leisurely. There are also some beautiful small quaint shops showcasing porcelain, jewelry, antiques, fashion, coffee or fresh fruits are scattered along the streets.
In addition, you are able to see many of the Art Deco houses alone the way, and your guide will share with you some history of each building:
- Former Editorial office of La Jeunesse, (New Youth) a magazine in 1910s to 1920s, which changed the course of the nations fate;
- Site of Former French Club in colonial time;
- Site of Office during the First Cooperation between Communist Party and KMT (Nationalist) Party;
- Nicholas Church, an Orthodox church built by Russian expatriates in 1930s.
- Former Residence of Sun Yat-sen
End the tour with a relaxing coffee break in the Former French Concession. Your tour guide will offer sightseeing suggestions for you to continue your exploration on your own. A map and directions will be provided. Or drop back at your hotel or another location in the city.