Private Custom Tour: Barcelona In A Day
OverviewMake the most of your time in Barcelona, and see the sights that you want to see on this private tour with a local guide. Choose between a half- or full-day tour, then let your guide know your interests in order to create a fully flexible itinerary that is customized entirely to your preferences. With preplanned logistics and public transport included, this tour has everything you need to explore Catalonia’s capital with ease. See famous landmarks such as La Rambla and Casa Batlló, and discover hidden gems that only the locals know.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYour day in Barcelona is totally customizable and the itinerary for your half- or full-day tour will be tailored to suit your needs and interests. Before your tour, your private guide will contact you to discuss the things you want to see, so that your logistics can be arranged in advance.
On the day of your tour, meet your guide at your preferred location, then set off by whatever necessary means of transport is required. Public transport is included, but all meals, entrance fees and requested transport by private vehicle are payable at your own expense.
Perhaps visit some of the citys must-see sights like Casa Batll, the breathtaking Gothic Quarter and Las Ramblas, a vibrant neighborhood that surrounds the famous La Rambla boulevard. Or, head off in search of the citys best kept secrets such as the El Raval district, a lively, multicultural neighborhood with an eclectic array of cafes, restaurants, bars, art studios, bookshops and museums.
See the Itinerary for a sample full-day tour.
Inclusions for Private Custom Tour: Barcelona In A Day
- Public transport costs
- Local guide
- Customized tour planning services
Exclusions for Private Custom Tour: Barcelona In A Day
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Private car
Itinerary:9am: Make your own way to Barcelona’s cruise ship port to meet your friendly, local guide. Then, visit a nearby cooking school and set yourself up for the day with a delicious, Spanish breakfast (own expense).
9:30am: Following breakfast, head to one of the city’s most iconic structures, Casa Batlló. Marvel at its eye-catching, multicolored design before heading inside to gaze at its equally captivating interior. As you stroll around the residence-come-museum with your guide, learn about the history of the building and its creator, the famous modernist architect Antoni Gaudi. On route to Casa Batlló, you’ll also visit a shop belonging to the trendy Catalan designer Sita Murt, and peek in at some of the city’s picturesque, private courtyards.
1pm: After spending the morning admiring Gaudi’s great masterpiece, make for the beach district of La Barceloneta. Stroll along the sun-dappled promenade, and discover from your guide how to find a good tapas bar. Then, when you’ve made your selection, take a seat out front and sink your teeth into a selection of tantalizing tapas dishes (own expense) while enjoying views of the azure Mediterranean Sea.
Next, hop in a cab and make your way to the bohemian district of El Born. Stop off at one of the most popular ice cream parlors in town, then visit Santa Maria del Mar, the locals’ favorite church.
2:30pm: Enjoy a leisurely stroll over to Barcelona’s oldest district, the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic). Keep cool as you meander down the shaded, narrow medieval streets of the old Jewish district and the Roman town. Then, stop at St James’s Square (Plaça Sant Jaume) in the heart of Barcelona Old Town.
Then, make for La Rambla, the most famous street in all of Barcelona. Peruse the many food and flower stands before exploring the winding streets that snake off of the main boulevard.
4pm: End your tour at Plaça Sant Felip Neri, undoubtedly one of the city’s most charming and romantic squares. Take a seat at an outdoor terrace that was made famous by Woody Allen’s film Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Then, savor a glass of wine and have some fun reenacting scenes from the movie at the spot where the movie’s two lead characters, played by Scarlett Johansson and Rebecca Hall, ate lunch.
As the day draws to a close, say goodbye to your guide at the prearranged departure point.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please follow the instructions displayed in the voucher details to process your customized itinerary with the supplier
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Half-Day Port-to-Port Barcelona Highlights Tour with Sagrada Familia Tickets
- Sagrada Familia Express Private Guided Tour
- Barcelona Private Transfer from Cruise Terminal to Airport
- Girona and Costa Brava Private Day Trip from Barcelona
- Montserrat Tour from Barcelona Including Lunch and Wine Tasting in Oller del Mas
- Barcelona Bike Tour