OverviewExperience the best of Madrid, and see the sights that you want to see on this private tour. Choose from a half- or full-day tour, then let your local guide know your interests and leave the rest to them. With a flexible itinerary that is customized to your preferences, this tour has everything you need to explore Spain’s capital with ease, including preplanned logistics and complimentary public transport. Visit the city’s must-see attractions, such as Prado Museum and the Royal Palace of Madrid, and discover hidden gems that many visitors miss.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMake the most of your time in Madrid with this premium service. Discuss your interests ahead of time with your guide, then simply look forward to discovering Madrid according to a personalized itinerary – complete with transport and recommendations from your local guide. On the day of your tour, your guide meets you at your hotel. You can make any final adjustments as you set out to see Madrid's legendary landmarks.
Venture to the Royal Palace of Madrid to admire the structure’s imperial majesty. Enjoy skip-the-line tickets into the Prado Museum to experience the masterworks of Velasquez, El Greco, and Goya. Discover secluded secrets like El Rastro, the city’s old flea market. Marvel at the neoclassical splendor of the ancient Alcalá Gate.
And enjoy the sweet life of Madrid like a local.
See the Itinerary for a sample full-day tour.
Inclusions for Private Custom Tour: Madrid In A Day
- Local guide
- Transportation (including taxis in city center)
- Customized tour planning services
Exclusions for Private Custom Tour: Madrid In A Day
- Food and drinks
- Skip-the-line tickets to Prado Museum (you can pay for the tickets separately directly to the guide)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Full-day chauffeur/airport transfer
9:30am: your friendly, private guide meets you at your hotel. Make your way to Plaza de la Puerta del Sol, the city’s most famous and most central square. Then head to Plaza Mayor, hop onto Teleférico, the city’s scenic cable railway. Have your camera ready as you enjoy the mile-long climb through scenic views of the city. Spy sights such as the old railway station Principe Pio and the Manzanares River.
11:15am: Follow your guide to Gran Via, the main thoroughfare in Madrid. Stroll along this bustling street, lined with shops, eateries and bars. Take in what makes Madrid so special: its unique mix of Art Deco, Vienna Secession, neo-Mudejar and Plateresque architecture. 12:30pm: When hunger strikes, stop off at a deli to try cocido, a local dish made of chickpeas, vegetables and meat. Or perhaps head to a tapas bar and sink your teeth into a selection of tantalizing Spanish dishes.
1:30pm: Pass by Glorieta de Bilbao, a star-shaped roundabout. Continue to the multicultural neighborhood of Lavapiés, once the city’s Jewish quarter. Stroll down the streets and see Spanish shops sandwiched among African store-fronts, Asian stalls and Indian cafés. Listen as your guide talks about the Movida Madrileña, the countercultural movement that began in Madrid in the 1970's after the death of dictator Franco. Then, discover hidden venues that are the center stage of Madrid's vibrant music scene.
3pm: make your way to El Rastro, the popular open-air flea market in Madrid. Weave your way through the stalls crammed with bric-a-brac. This is a great place to find souvenirs or trinkets for your family.
4pm: Jump into a cab and travel in style to the district of Retiro. Here, see some of Madrid’s showstoppers. Choose the Prado Museum (with our optional skip-the-line tickets) or Almudena Cathedral. Discover Royal Palace of Madrid (Palacio Real) and Alcalá Gate (Puerta de Alcalá). 5pm: End your tour at the lush Parque del Buen Retiro ( translated ‘Park of the Pleasant Retreat’). Stroll past the park’s many sculptures and take in soothing views of the gardens and lake. Relax with a refreshing drink and talk with your guide about your plans for the evening — your guide will be more than happy to help you find the perfect dinner reservation.
Then, bid your guide a reluctant farewell and head to a popular local restaurant for dinner.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please follow the instructions displayed in the voucher details to process your customized itinerary with the supplier
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Madrid Tapas Night Walking Tour
- Flamenco Show At Corral De La Morería In Madrid
- Toledo Half-Day Or Full-Day Trip From Madrid
- Skip The Line: Prado Museum Tour In Madrid
- Madrid City Sightseeing And Royal Palace Tour
- Santiago Bernabeu Stadium Entrance Ticket
- Madrid Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Madrid Scooter City Tour
- Flamenco Masterclass At Torres Bermejas In Madrid
- Walking Through History Of Madrid Full Day