Private Custom Tour: Mauritius In A Day - Port Louis
OverviewMauritius is known for its cobalt-blue waters, silky sand beaches and warm locals. This full-day custom tour goes beyond that, offering a private driver-guide, car and a fully flexible itinerary that can be customized entirely to your preferences. Choose to visit tea plantations, sugarcane fields and wonders like Ganga Talao, a crater lake that is the most sacred spot for local Hindus. Or, just sit back and let the driver-guide suggest an itinerary based on your personal interests. Entrance fees and meals not included.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourTheres a lot to see and do on the small volcanic island of Mauritius in the middle of the Indian Ocean. This full-day custom tour is about as flexible as they come, offering a comfortable car and a private driver who will go anywhere you want.
Before your tour, ask your driver to come up with a suggested itinerary, or let them know what you want to see so that the logistics can be arranged in advance. Then, on the day of your tour, meet at your hotel and set off in a private, air-conditioned vehicle to discover the island.
See the Itinerary for a sample tour.
Inclusions for Private Custom Tour: Mauritius In A Day
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Custom Tour: Mauritius In A Day
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
8am: Meet your private driver at your Mauritius hotel, then hop inside your air-conditioned vehicle and make your way to one of the island's tea plantations. Perhaps visit Bois Chri, the first tea plantation in Mauritius. Visit the plantation, factory and museum, and discover how the industry has shaped the island. Hear, too, how tea is produced, from harvest and fermentation to drying and packaging.
10:30am: Continue to Chamarel Waterfall, which plunges more than 328 feet (100 meters), making it the island's tallest fall. Pause by the thundering waters and snap photos. Then, head to the Seven Coloured Earth, a magnificent geological formation created by volcanic rocks that cooled at different temperatures.
1pm: Break for lunch (own expense) in the charming village of Chamarel, and then make your way to Eureka, a perfectly preserved Creole mansion built in the 1830s, or the Sugar Museum and Factory, where you'll fain insight into the fascinating history of the sugar industry on Mauritius.
3pm: Make for Ganga Talao, a scenic crater lake considered to be the most sacred spot for Hindus on the island. Marvel at the lake and the temples, shrines and statues dedicated to Shiva and other gods, and learn of the legends that have made Ganga Talao such a important pilgrimage site.
Your full-day tour ends with a drop-off back at your hotel after roughly eight hours of sightseeing.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mauritius Ile aux Cerfs Catamaran Cruise with Lunch
- Shared Departure Transfer: Mauritius Hotels or Villas to Mauritius Airport
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Mauritius Airport to Mauritius Hotels and Villas
- Southern Mauritius Day Trip: Nature Reserve, Saint Aubin Sugar Estate with Rum Tastings, and Lunch
- MAURITIUS - 06 NIGHTS - LAGUNA HOTEL AND SPA
- MAURITIUS - 06 NIGHTS - TARISA BEACH RESORT AND SPA
- 7-Day Mauritius Highlights Experience
- Private Craft Tour: Tea Factory - Rhumerie - Diamond Museum - Ship Model Factory