Your guide will pick you up at 7 am, for the drive to Alexandria (about 3 hours) by a private, modern a/c van (WiFi on board). Alexandria was founded by Alexander the Great in 334 B.C, and remained capital of Egypt for about 1,000 years. Now it is the second biggest city and the biggest seaport in Egypt.
Choose your favorite four places out of this list for a customized tour and simply tell your private tour guide at the start of the tour what you would like to see:
- Library of Alexandria (Bibliotheca Alexandrina)
- Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa (one of the Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages)
- Pompey's pillar and the temple of Serapium
- Fort of Qaitbay (site of the old lighthouse of Alexandria, Pharos)
- National Museum of Alexandria
- Roman theater (Roman Amphitheater)
- Gardens and palaces of Montazah
Included in this tour is lunch of fresh seafood of the Mediterranean, and enough time for pictures with professional advice. In the end, your guide will take you back to your hotel.