Private Customized Tour: A Local's Christmas In Edinburgh
OverviewTheres just something about wrapping up warm over Christmas to really get you in the festive spirit! Edinburgh is a fairytale city year round, but December is when it really becomes an enchanting winter wonderland. Spend an evening exploring the most magical parts of the city with a local to discover historic cobbled streets draped in festive lights, a magical Christmas market and glittering Christmas trees. Indulge in festive treats and browse the Christmas markets to buy unique gifts, stroll through mazes of twinkling lights and warm up with a spiced cider, hot chocolate or a wee dram of whisky!
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Join a like-minded local to discover the most festive parts of the city, strolling through the beautiful cobbled streets of the Old Town while theyre draped with magical Christmas light displays. Your host will show you where the best Christmas lights in the city are, and share festive traditions with you so you can discover what Christmas is really like for the locals. Visit the the famous European Christmas Market, complete with ice rink, ferris wheel and enough fairy lights to light up the North Pole. Perfect if you just want to take a stroll, soak up the festive vibes and shop for some gifts whilst munching on a bratwurst and sipping a spiced cider or hot chocolate.Stroll through Princes Street Gardens and enjoy the warm glow of the glittering trees and light displays - and you might even spot Santa or his elves!Then browse the Scottish Market to pick up some locally made gifts or foodie treats, before you head off for a festive feast at a restaurant recommended by your local, or to enjoy a wee dram together in a local pub.
- Join a local to discover Edinburghs best Christmas lights and the most festive sights
- Explore the charming streets of the Old Town and see beautiful light displays
- Browse the European and Scottish Markets to buy gifts or indulge in some festive food and drinks
- Stroll through the winter wonderland in Princes Street Gardens, seeing the ice-skaters or getting on the ice-rink yourself!
- Warm up in a local pub and enjoy a festive drink with your local, getting tips and tricks for other Christmas things to do in the city
HOW IT WORKS
At CityUnscripted we connect curious travellers to Locals who are interesting and sociable people, who know the city well and who love to share their favourite places. They are not tour guides by profession. What we try to recreate is the feeling of having a friend in every city you visit; someone who can show you the places youll fall in love with and help you to connect with the most authentic soul of a place.
Book this meet-upand the CityUnscripted team will contact you within 24 hours and ask you questions about your preferences and interests, so they can match you with the right profile and assign a like-mindedEdinburgh Local.
Keeping in mind your personal answers, your local host will put together a bespoke itinerary just for you. Please note that this will be outlined but flexible. Your host will arrange the most convenient meeting place for you.If you feel like changing direction during the meet-up, or if your local hostbelieves that you'd enjoy a sight or different experience, he/she will suggest and discuss with you changes to the itinerary.
Inclusions for Private Customized Tour: A Local's Christmas In Edinburgh
- * Private and personalised experience, * 3 hours with a Local Host, *One alcoholic or soft drink per person, * Meet-up atyour accommodation is possible (within a reasonable distance), * Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
Exclusions for Private Customized Tour: A Local's Christmas In Edinburgh
- * Additional food and drinks from the ones provided in the experience* Tickets to any attractions* Transportation costs* Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please book at least 48 hours in advance so that we can build the best experience for you
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh
- Extended Architecture Tour of Edinburgh Old Town
- 1-hour Pickering's Gin Jolly Distillery Tour and Tasting in Edinburgh
- Architecture Tour of Edinburgh New Town
- Architecture Tour of Edinburgh Dean village
- Private Evening Summer 3hr Tour of Edinburgh in a Mini Cooper
- Shore Excursion: The Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh City Tour, Rosslyn Chapel Tour and Dinner from Edinburgh
- The Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh City Tour, Rosslyn Chapel Tour and Dinner from Edinburgh