Private Day Tour: Amman And Jerash From The Dead Sea
OverviewSee the best of Jordans capital and ancient city of Jerash on this private half-day tour from Amman! Admire the impressive hilltop Citadel and Roman Theater in Amman, and travel to Jerash, one of the best-preserved Roman cities in the Middle East. View its temples, monuments and Oval Plaza; and trace the footsteps of its long-ago citizens as you walk its colonnaded street. On this private tour, you enjoy the comfort of your own private vehicle and driver, and personalized attention from local guides at Amman Citadel and Jerash.
Know More about this tourStart your tour with a pickup from your Dead Sea hotel and head for Jerash (approximate 1.5-hour drive). Travel north in your air-conditioned vehicle and absorb the views over the passing towns and desert landscapes. Then, on arrival in Jerash, head into this archaeological jewel through the ancient city gate.
Here, drink in the spectacular ruins spread before you. Founded by Alexander the Great in the 2nd century AD and known as Gerasa, this provincial city was one of the wealthiest in the Roman Empire. Stroll around as your guide tells you fascinating stories about the city in its heyday. See its arches, theaters and magnificent colonnaded street, and take photos of the Oval Plaza, an intriguing oval-shaped forum, as you conjure up images of the people who once lived here.
Leave Jerash for your approximate one hour drive to Amman ; for the hilltop Citadel. This collection of Roman, Byzantine and early Islamic ruins offers sweeping views over Amman below. Admire the Roman temple and colonnaded streets as a guide explains how the site evolved through the ages. Next, travel to the Roman Theater, cut into a hill in the city centre. Built in around the 2nd century AD, this stunning arena is the finest remnant of the Roman city of Philadelphia where Amman stands. Marvel at its symmetry and imagine the cheers of the 6,000 spectators who once sat here to watch plays and entertainment.
After your walking tour finishes, return to your vehicle and travel back to Dead Sea. Your excursion ends with a hotel drop-off in the afternoon.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: Amman And Jerash From The Dead Sea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee to Citadel, Roman Theater and Jerash
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Private guide for two hours in Jerash
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: Amman And Jerash From The Dead Sea
- Food and drink, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.