Private Day Tour: Go On A Temple Pilgrimage Including Vegetarian Lunch And Afternoon Tea - Beijing
OverviewIf you are a vegetarian or have interests in understanding about Buddhism and historical temple buildings, this private tour is a good fit for you. During this day, you will visit two oldlesser-known Buddhist Temples in Beijing: Ordination Terrace Temple (Jietai temple) - built in theSui Dynasty (581-618) and Tanzhe temple - first built during the Jin dynasty (265-420 AD). An authentic vegetarian lunch meal in the Ordination Temple and a relax afternoon tea with snacks inside of the Tanzhe Temple are included.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Approximately at 8:30am, depart from your hotel in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle and enjoy the scenic surroundings on your way to the west partof Beijing. Set in forested mountains to the west of Beijing, Tanzhe Temple and Ordination Terrace Temple (Jietai Temple) are tranquil retreats in fresh mountain air, scented with burning incence. These 2 temples are charming and hardly changed for centuries, and you will find that they are very popular by local pilgrims.Your first stop is the Temple of the Ordination, which sits on a hillside and looks more like a fortress than a temple. It is surrounded by forbiddingly tall red walls. On a clear day, this temple offers an unhindered view of Beijing. The temple takes its name from its famous Ming marble ordination altar, built some 1,300 years ago. This altar is nearly 5 meters high and is decorated with exquisite carvings.The enormous white marble ordination platform is China's largest and intricately carved with figures - monks, monsters (beaked and winged) and saints. Dating from the Liao Dynasty, it is a three-tiered structure with 113 statues of the God of Ordination placed in niches around the base. The temple also famous for itsancient twisted pine and cypress trees in the courtyards.
After your morning tour, you will enjoy a vegetarian lunch inside the temple, and this is a very unique dining Around 11:30am or 12:30pm depending on your time. You will stop at the vegetarian restaurant inside the temple to experience an unique dinning experience.
In the afternoon, you will head to the Tanzhe Temple, the largest and oldest one in the area (41,600square meters). Most of the buildings here are in typical Ming and Qing style architecture. The greenery of the surroundings is spectacular, especially in the spring when the fruit trees are in blossom. There are also lush bamboo gardens. The complex is extensive, and it is said to have provided a model for the layout of the Forbidden City.
Your temple tour followed by a great tea break. Chinese Teais remarkable and known around the world for its flavor and various types. Enjoy acup of tea (black, green,or flower tea) with snacks at the second floor of the Temple where you can overlook the scenery, the temple and see how localscome and pray.
After your tour is finished, you will be transferred back to your centrally located hotel in Beijing.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: Go On A Temple Pilgrimage Including Vegetarian Lunch And Afternoon Tea
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Chinese tea and snack
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off(For Hotels within the 4th ring road of Beijing City)
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: Go On A Temple Pilgrimage Including Vegetarian Lunch And Afternoon Tea
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian meal only
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 8-9 hours layover tour to Great Wall & Forbidden City
- 4-5 hours layover night tour in Beijing city
- Private Trip to Tianjin from Beijing
- Private Full Day Tour: Terra Cotta Army
- Private Full Day Authentic Local Markets and Spa Tour
- Full Day Private Authentic Beijing Tour
- Private Full Day Tour: Amazing Beijing Highlights
- Private 3 days Celebrity Cruise Tours