Private Day Tour: Karla And Bhaja Caves From MumbaiWrite a Review
Depart Mumbai to drive down to the Western Ghats and enjoy an 11.5-hour tour of the area. Explore the Karla Caves on foot and marvel at the rock-cut architecture with your private guide. Afterwards, you will be given time to stroll through the Bhaja Caves and bear witness to the Buddhist influences.
- All entrance fees included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tourMeet your tour guide in the lobby of your Mumbai City hotel at roughly 7am. From there, proceed to Karla Caves for a 10am arrival time. Trek around 200 steps to explore the caves, excavated for the Buddhist monks, who used to gather here during the monsoons. The caves have rock-cut architecture and are comprised of Chaitya; they're also home to several viharas and monasteries, which your guide will tell you about.
After the first portion of your tour, you will break for lunch at your chosen restaurant (your own expense). At 1:30pm, continue to the Bhaja caves, another religious site not too far from the Karla Caves. Cave number 12 functions as a Chaitya hall and cave number 1 exists as the dwelling home of its master architect. The remaining caves contain inscriptions that detail information about the donors. Cover the territory by foot to get an up-close look.
When your cave exploration is complete, you'll be driven back to your Mumbai hotel for a 6:30pm arrival.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: Karla And Bhaja Caves From Mumbai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: Karla And Bhaja Caves From Mumbai
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 4 people per booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Highlights Of Mumbai: Sightseeing Tour Of Mumbai
- Private Tour: Kanheri Caves, Elephanta Caves Or Karla And Bhaja Caves From Mumbai
- Full-Day Bollywood Tour In Mumbai
- World Famous Ancientness Elephanta Caves Tour With Toy Train Ride
- Mumbai Bicycle Tour
- Mumbai Street Food Tour
- Private Arrival Transfer: Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM) To Mumbai Hotels
- Bollywood Mumbai By Night
- Full Day Bollywood Tour
- Package 1 Half Day Bollywood Tour