Private Day Tour: Mount Nebo, Madaba And Amman From The Dead Sea
OverviewGet to know Amman and the historical treasures of Madaba and Mt Nebo on this day private tour! Traveling with a knowledgeable private driver, head to Madaba to see the Madaba Mosaic Map, a 6th-century mosaic showing the Holy Land. Then, visit Mt Nebo, where Moses is said to have surveyed the Promised Land, and admire the views and church mosaics at the summit. Lastly, delve into Amman, seeing its main landmarks and visiting the Roman Theatre and Citadel. This private tour ensures you enjoy the full attention of your driver.
Know More about this tourStart your tour with a pickup from your Dead Sea Hotel. Relax into your private, air-conditioned vehicle with your well-informed driver, and travel east to Mt.Nebo. The hill where Moses is said to have been granted a view of the Promised Land. Absorb the vistas over the Jordan Valley, and then admire the floor mosaics of the excavated Byzantine church on the summit. These meticulously created artworks illustrate bulls, peacocks and human figures, and remain wonderfully vivid and fresh-looking.
Continue to Madaba and visit St Georges Church, the 19th-century basilica thats home to the Madaba Mosaic Map. Head inside and marvel at this 6th-century masterpiece: a richly detailed rendering of the Holy Land with meticulous depictions of ancient Jerusalem, Jericho and other Biblical sites. Next, travel to Amman for a city tour. Joderns capital boasts plenty of history and sights, and your driver will take you around its highlights. See the downtown market, traditional souks, churches and mosques, and catch views of King Husseins palace, where the late king is buried.
Along the way, take in Ammans two showstoppers. Walk around the Roman, Byzantine and Islamic-era ruins of the Citadel, and visit the Roman Theatre. This gigantic structure is the most visible remnant of Roman Philadelphia, the ancient city that once stood where Amman now stands.
Afterward, enjoy a drop-off at your hotel where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: Mount Nebo, Madaba And Amman From The Dead Sea
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Panoramic city tour of Amman
- Entrance fee to Roman Theater, Citadel, St George's Church and Mt Nebo
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: Mount Nebo, Madaba And Amman From The Dead Sea
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.