Private Day Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall And Chinese Dumpling Lunch - Beijing
OverviewThe Great Wall is one of the most popular sightseeing that you can not miss while visiting China.This 8-hour private tailor-made great wall tour will guide you to the famous Mutianyu Great Wall - one of seven wonders in the world. You will see the most beautiful view section of the wall. Besides sightseeing, hiking, and photo taking, you will also enjoy a delicious Chinese dumpling lunch meal during this tour. Private vehicle, English-speaking driver-guide and Great Wall entrance fee included.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour
Meet your English speaking driver at your centrally located hotel in Beijing hotel, and travel by private, climate-controlled vehicle to the Mutianyu section of Chinas UNESCO listed Great Wall - depending on traffic about a 1.5 hours drive out of the city
During your journey, hear tales about this restored section of the wall, one of the most scenic and least crowded. The Mutianyu section of the wall snakes across forested hills and is noted for its densely spaced Watch Towers.
On arrival, gaze up at the incredible hilltop battlements. Then, with your pre-booked ticket, enjoy fast-track access traveling directly to the entrance gate, and in so doing avoiding the crowds and shuttle bus transfer.
While you can climb the ramparts by foot it is highly recommended that you save time and energy and take one of the quick access routes available. The cable car alights at the northern entrance, Watch Tower #14, the chair lift alights at the southern entrance, Watch Tower #6. Should you decide to ascend or descend by foot, please note that the path is quite steep and typically takes about an hour. Tickets for a return trip to and from the ramparts (cable car or chair lift return or the combination route, chair lift up / toboggan descent) or a single ascent or descent are at your own expense.
Once on the ramparts youll have plenty of time to explore about 2 hours. Thats plenty of time to stride along the granite ramparts, view the Watch Towers, drink in the spectacular mountain views and enjoy many photographic vantage points.
The Great Wall dates back to the Northern Qi Dynasty (550-557). Then again it was rebuilt in the Ming Dynasty (1368 -1644) to provide a protective defence barrier to guard the capital and imperial mausoleums from invaders.
You can see 23 Watch Towers distributed along its more than 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) length. This stretch of the UNESCO listed Great Wall is known for its beautiful surroundings, including dense forests and rich pastures. Its also recommended as being the most family friendly section, as its a section thats easier for those with young children to navigate.
After your descent youll be directed to a local Chinese dumpling restaurant for lunch. There you can savor different varieties of these wonderful dough parcels. Alternative Chinese dishes or a western style meal can be arranged should that be your preference. Your driver will be happy to recommend alternative suggestions should that be the case. Please note all drinks are at your own expense.
Finally, relax in the comfort of your air conditioned vehicle as you are driven back to your hotel in Beijing, where your adventure of hiking the Great Wall comes to a close.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall And Chinese Dumpling Lunch
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver
- Priority / fast track entrance fee to the Great Wall
- Chinese dumpling lunch or other lunch option if preferred
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall And Chinese Dumpling Lunch
- Tickets for cable car, chair lift or toboggan rides to and from the ramparts
- Drinks if desired at lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, so please dress accordingly
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
A moderate amount of walking is involved - please wear comfortable shoes
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A child rate applies to all children between the ages of 4-12 years of age when accompanied by 2 or more paying adults
Children aged 4 and under are free
Please provide your hotel information or pick up location upon booking
During Chinese holidays periods and special events in Beijing city, tour departure time might be earlier
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
Vegetarian options are available, if required, please advise in the "Special Instructions" sections at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Beijing Private Night Walking Tour: Qianmen Street, Tian'ammen Square and Wangfujing Street
- Full-Day Beijing City Tour
- Private English Tour Guide Service in Beijing
- Private Day Tour: Tian'anmen Square, Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace
- Beijing One Day Coach Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall Plus Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square Including Lunch
- Small Group Nightlife Tour with Local Expert in Beijing