Private Day Tour Of Chongqing City Highlight With Pandas Of Chongqing Zoo Including Hot Pot LunchWrite a Review
Enjoy seeing the giant pandas at Chongqing Zoo early in the day when they are most active.Stroll around the gardens of Erling Park and watch activities of local people who congregate here in the mornings. Get a full perspective of the Three Gorges at Three Gorges Museum then enjoy local specialty cuisine of Chongqing Hot Pot. Finally, end your day at the vast Jiefangbei Shopping Square.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your downtown hotel or your Yangtze Rivercruise boat terminal at 8:30am to commence your Chongqing city tour by air-conditioned private car. Your first stop today is at the vast Chongqing Zoo located just 5 miles (8 kms) from the city center.Firstopened in 1953, the zoo has undergone many upgrades over the years and now covers an area of over 110 acres.In 1989, the Panda House was built, providing these rare animals a more natural environment to live in. The Panda House will be a highlight of your zoo visit, but there are over 240 species of birds, fish, and other animals to see.
From Chongqing Zoo, travel to Erling Park located on Erling Mountain at the western side of Chongqing, which is one of the oldest private gardens in the city. The Jialing and Yangtze Rivers flow through the foot of the park. Built toward the end of the Qing Dynasty, Erling contains several pavilions, pathways, corridors, lotus ponds, and bridges around the gardens.
At lunch time, you will be asked if you like spicy food!Chongqing is renowned for its spicy cuisine, and if that appeals to you, then your lunch today will be a traditional Chongqing Hot Pot; or, if you prefer a more traditional Chinese meal, then that can also be arranged.
After lunch, continue to Three Gorges Museum where you will finda large display depicting the Three Gorges Region of Yangtze River as well as a display of the history of the whole Chongqing region.Outside the museum is Peoples Assembly Hall that was built in 1954, but the exterior of the building has an architectural style of the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
Your last stop today is at the heart of Chongqing City of Jiefangbei Shopping Square. The center piece of Jiefangbei area is the 90 feet (27.5 meter) tall Peoples Liberation Monument, built in 1940 at the intersection of three main roads in the city.At the time, this was the tallest building in the whole Chongqing area, but today, it is surrounded by a 6.2 acres (25,000 sq meters) shopping precinct that is flanked by skyscraper office buildings, international hotels, department stores, restaurants, and a host of other retail and entertainment facilities.Today, the Peoples Liberation Monument is dwarfed by the many tall buildings around it.You will have plenty of time to walkaround and enjoy the traffic free pedestrian streets.Jiefangbei is located immediately uphill from Chaotinmen Port at the confluence of the Yangtze and Jialing rivers. For a completely different perspective of these two rivers, there is a cable car starts at Jiefangbei and spans the Yangtze River.If you are adventurous and want to take this ride (ticket is at your own cost), your guide will assist you in obtaining your ticket. After your visit to Jiefangbei, return to your downtown hotel where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour Of Chongqing City Highlight With Pandas Of Chongqing Zoo Including Hot Pot Lunch
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Chinese lunch is served at a local restaurant
- An professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Private Day Tour Of Chongqing City Highlight With Pandas Of Chongqing Zoo Including Hot Pot Lunch
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities for guide and driver (recommend)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time and disembarkation time
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.