Private Day Tour Of Historical Guangzhou Including Evening Dinner Cruise On Pearl River
OverviewVisit the original sea port of Guangzhou at Huangpu and the old village buildings. See Lychee Bay Scenic Area, named after the fruit trees planted there in the 2ndcentury BC, explore Qingping Herbal Medicine Market, and stroll along the Beijing Road ancient avenue. Lastly, enjoy the spectacle of beautiful Pearl River as the night falls and Guangzhou lights up. A Dim Sim lunch and cruise dinner are also included.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Lunch included
- Buffet dinner included
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide at 8:30am in the lobby of your downtown Guangzhou hotel to begin this day tour by private air-conditioned car. Your first visit today is to the Ancient Huangpu Port and Village located close to the modern day Guangzhou Sea Port on the eastern end of Pazhou Island where was the original sea port of the region, and In the 18thand early 19thcenturies, it was the only Chinese port permitted to trade with foreigners. Huangpu was also the Chinese end of the ancient maritime Silk Road and later played an important role in Opium Trade. There is a small history museum in the center of the ancient village that will give you a background on the old port. You may also visit Pak Tai Temple with its large sticks of burning incense.Mostly you will enjoy wandering through the network of old streets and alleyways that crisscross the village.
From Huangpu, continue to Lychee Bay Scenic Area with a history dating back to the 2ndcentury BC. The bay was formed at a point where many small rivers and lakes flowed into the Pearl River. One of the main attractions is the five bridges spanning over the river here. The 57-meter-long Longjing Bridge is especially important as it is where you can see the Wen Tower which was thought to have been built during Qing Dynasty. After a traditional Chinese lunch, you will be taken to bustlingQingping Market where you could see a wide variety of food, herbal medicines, and flowers being sold. The market covers an area of over 2.7 acres (11,000 square meters) and is actually several markets all operating next to each other.From here, herbal and western medicines are exported all over the countries of East Asia and South East Asia.
Continuing on, you will visit Beijing Road Ancient Avenue Pedestrian Street where has been an important commercial street in Guangzhou for many centuries, and there are also some ancient areas covered by glass showing the stone paved roads from Song and Yuan Dynasties. In addition, there are some old city gates and sections of wall that can still be seen. This is a vibrant shopping area where everything from food to famous brand-name clothing can be found, usually at a great bargain.
Later, you will transfer to the river dock to boardthe cruise boat commencing your 2-hour trip along Pearl River and enjoying a buffet dinner on board accompanied by your guide. There are many historical sites dotted along the river that you will see as well as some unique architectures and ten bridges that you will pass under. During your cruise, you will have a full view of the magnificent Canton Tower, the tallest tower in China and the third tallest in the world. Evening is the best time to take the Pearl River Cruise as the city lights put on a spectacular show. After the cruise, you will be taken back to your hotel where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour Of Historical Guangzhou Including Evening Dinner Cruise On Pearl River
- Zhujiang cruise ticket
- Dinner is served on the cruise
- Chinese lunch
- A English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
Exclusions for Private Day Tour Of Historical Guangzhou Including Evening Dinner Cruise On Pearl River
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guangzhou Night Tour
- Shimen National Park and Biquan Air Hot Spring Day Trip from Guangzhou
- Cantonese brunch and a private biking tour in art zone
- All Inclusive Private Day Trip to Danxia and Nanhua Monastery by Bullet Train from Guangzhou
- Buffet Dinner at Canton Tower Revolving Restaurant with Pearl River Night Cruise
- Diandoude Dim Sum Dinner with Pearl River Night Cruise in Guangzhou
- Bachelor's KTV Night Tour with Dim Sum Dinner in Guangzhou
- Pearl River Night Cruise in Guangzhou with Private Transfer