Private Day Tour Of JinKeng Rice Terraces With Dazhai And Yao Minority Villages And Sanjie Liu Tea Plantation Including Lunch - GuilinWrite a Review
Book this private day tour to travel through the countryside to Dazhai Village and take a scenic cable car ride to Tiantouzhai Village. See spectacular Jinkeng Rice Terraces and visitÂ Sanjie Liu tea plantation. Lunch is included in the package.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
You will meet your guide and driver for the day at 8:30am in the lobby of your Guilin hotel and transfer by air-conditioned car to the JinKeng Rice Terraces, a distance of around 50 miles (80 kilometers) and about 2 to 3 hours driving. Leaving the city center, you will drive through picturesque rural scenery that surrounds Guilin as you head toward to Longshen County.
Start your visit in Dazhai Village, home to Hong Yao Ethnic Minority. The Yao people escaped to this region following persecution by the Mongols of Yuan Dynasty in 13th and 14th Centuries. With hundreds of years of efforts and innovations, the Yao people performed great feats of farm engineering to create the spectacle that greets visitors today. During the years following the establishment of Communist China and after a directive from Mao Zedong that all farmers should learn in agriculture from Dazhai, farmers from all over China were organised to visit Dazhai. You will have time to wander around the village before continuing your visit.
From Dazhai, you will take a scenic cable car ride up over the rice terraces to Tiantouzhai Village on top of the hill. As you ride up, enjoy a panoramic view of the terraces below and the two storied houses built into the landscape of the hillside. From the top, you can look back down and have an appreciation of the irrigation network that was built and developed between the 13th and early 20th centuries and covers an area of almost 17 acre (70 square kilometers). After strolling around the village, your guide will lead you back down the hill following a footpath that passes by the rice terraces and many Yao ethnic minority houses are along the way. (Note: Should you prefer to return by cable car this will be at your own cost). Lunch will be served at one of the Yao Ethnic Minority Villages.
On the way back to Guilin, if time permits, you will have a visit to Sanjie Liu tea plantation. Most of the tea production here is undertaken by traditional hand-manufacture, and these natural tea drinks are very popular at home and abroad. Walk in the green and flourishing tea plantation, learn how to make tea, and enjoy a tea tasting ceremony. From the tea plantation, continue your journey back to Guilin where your tour ends on arrival at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour Of JinKeng Rice Terraces With Dazhai And Yao Minority Villages And Sanjie Liu Tea Plantation Including Lunch
- Entrance fees
- One-way cable car charge
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Shared transfer with a minibus between the entrance of Longji and Dazhai
Exclusions for Private Day Tour Of JinKeng Rice Terraces With Dazhai And Yao Minority Villages And Sanjie Liu Tea Plantation Including Lunch
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.