Private Day Tour Of Potala Palace And Jokhang Temple In Lhasa Including Lunch
OverviewTake a day to explore Lhasa's rich history with a visit to some of the most famous attractions. Delve into the ancient lore by exploring the impressive collections of artifacts among the practicing pilgrims at Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple. Travel in peace knowing everything you will need to venture into the area has been taken care of on this private trip. Explore the antiquity in a contemporary setting with the direction of a professional guide.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourStart your adventure with a hotel lobby pickup at 8am and head to the remarkable Potala Palace. Originally serving as the winter palace for the Dalai Lama, Potala Palace is now listed as an UNESCO Cultural Heritage Site and stands as the symbol of Tibet. Examine the amazing architecture and culture, complete with huge golden Buddha statues and red-robed lamas.
There will be a break for lunch at a local restaurant before an afternoon visit to the Jokhang Temple, the spiritual center of Tibet. Here you will find many pilgrims worshiping, having trekked long distances from every corner of Tibet. Buddhists from all sects come to worship at this temple which help maintain its description as the "spiritual heart of the city."
Finally, you'll find yourself at Barkhor Street where you can walk around a special circular pilgrimage route just as the local followers do. There will be plenty of traditional religious souvenirs for you to see, and, if desired, purchase as a reminder of your wonderful Lhasa experiences. Afterward, you will be dropped off back at your hotel to conclude a day of exploring the local culture and craft.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour Of Potala Palace And Jokhang Temple In Lhasa Including Lunch
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Tibet travel permit
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
Exclusions for Private Day Tour Of Potala Palace And Jokhang Temple In Lhasa Including Lunch
- Personal expense
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Please provide all travelers' dates of birth, full passport names and passport numbers. We need this information for purchasing travel insurance and attractions tickets for you. This information must match with your passports exactly on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Drepung & Sera Monastery on Budget-Lhasa Day Tour
- 16 Days Kailash Everest Group Tour by Tibet Local Operator
- 8-Day Best Everest Group Tour with Flexible Lhasa Tour Booking after Arrival
- 8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp
- 3-Night Lhasa Sightseeing Group Tour Including Welcome Meal
- Yamdrok Lake Highlight Day Tour
- Private Tibet Tour Car Rental
- 10-12 Days Tibet Travel Permits Pass for Flexible Tours