Start your day at Xiaoyushan Park, also known as Little Fish Hill, renowned for its views of Qingdao. Then, continue to explore Badaguan Scenic Reserve where you will find an interesting mix of architecture from all over the world. Next, visit Little Qingdao Island for the botanical gardens. After lunch, take a walk along the 1,444 feet (440 meters) long Zhan Qiao, the Grand Pier, and visit St Michaels Catholic Church in the oldest part of the city. End your day with a tour at the famous Tsingtao Brewery to enjoy a glass of this popular beer.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
You will be met in the lobby of your Qingdao hotel at 9am by your guide and travel to Xiaoyushan Park by private air-conditioned car. Qingdao was taken as German Concession in March 1899, at which time, it was a small and unimportant fishing town with a population of about 1,000 people. Although the German colonial period only lasted for 16 years until 1914, the German controlled area was left with a distinct mark on the architecture of Qingdao that can be seen in the historic city center today. Additionally, the love of beer by Germans led to the establishment of Germania Brewery in 1903, which later became Tsingtao Brewery, makers of Chinas most popular beer.
At Xiaoyushan Park, reach the hilltop to enjoy panoramic view of the city and some of the landmarks you will be visiting later today. From the park, travel to Badaguan Scenic Reserve located in the east of the city where, in the past, many foreigners came and built their houses with their heritage of architectural style. Strolling around the avenues you will find British, Japanese, Russian and Swiss style buildings.
Leaving Badaguan, you will continue to visit Xiao Qingdao Park, also known as Little Qingdao Island; this is where the city got its name from. Here, you will see the botanical gardens and the 19 feet (15 meter) tall lighthouse built by the Germans in 1900. Lunch today will be arranged at a local Chinese restaurant.
After lunch, take a walk along the Grand Pier, Zhan Qiao. The pier was originally 656 feet (200 meters) long and built in 1891 to enable the larger official vessels of Qing Dynasty to dock at this small fishing village. Later, the pier was renovated and extended to 1,312 feet (400 meters) in length, stretching out into Qingdao Bay. The pier has a Chinese-style pavilion at the southern end that contrasts with the European architecture of Zhongshan Road that leads onto it.
From the Pier it is a short drive to the oldest part of the city on Zhejiang Road. Here, the buildings are of historic German architecture and at the top of the small hill, you will find St Michaels Catholic Church. Your final visit of the day is to the World famous Tsingtao Brewery, built in 1903 for the large German population residing there. The brewery has many exhibits that show its history and how the beer was made over 100 years ago. You will also see the bottling plant and finish your brewery visit with a free tasting of the famous beer. From the brewery, you will be transferred back to your hotel where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour Of Qingdao City Highlights Including Lunch
- Entrance fees
- Chinese Lunch
- Beer tasting at Qingdao Brewery
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- An professional English-speaking guide
- Private transfer
Exclusions for Private Day Tour Of Qingdao City Highlights Including Lunch
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.