Private Day Tour Of Ravenna And FerraraWrite a Review
From USD 373.68
OverviewThis private, full day tour will start from Ravenna with visits to the old town where monuments like the Basilica of San Vitale, the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, the Piazza del Popolo, St Francis' Crypt, the tomb of Dante Alighieri and the Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo can be enjoyed. In the afternoon the tour will move to Ferrara and include the exterior of the imposing Castello Estense, the majestic Romanesque cathedral and the streets of the medieval and renaissance historical city center.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide in either Ravenna or Ferrara to begin this full-day tour.
Visit the historic city of Ravenna in the morning. 1600 years ago Ravenna was the capital of the Western Roman Empire, and later the capital of the Kingdom of Italy, a key town in the history of the Western world and beyond. Ravenna retains the lavish testimonials of this glorious past; in fact, the city preserves the richest world heritage of mosaics dating from the 5th and the 6th century AD, kept within its Paleo-Christian and Byzantine religious buildings, all UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Visiting the historic center on foot or by bicycle is like reliving thousands of years of history. Start from ancient Roman times with Ravenna's early Christian basilicas, through the Renaissance and up to the 19th century, when the city was rediscovered by famous visitors such as Oscar Wilde, Sigmund Freud, Lord Byron, and Gustav Klimt.
In the afternoon, head for the city of Ferrara, a splendid city of art. Enjoy walking its streets to absorb its character. The magnificence of this Renaissance capital is revealed on every corner.
Through its glorious past you can understand the roots of its present. The Este family governed here for three centuries and gave the city the appearance it has today: a uniquely planned city, harmoniously fusing Medieval and Renaissance, Europe's first modern city. It is precisely these characteristics that secured its UNESCO World Heritage status.
This private day tour will allow you to visit these 2 beautiful cities, and is a great introductory tour.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour Of Ravenna And Ferrara
- Entrance fees
- Professional/Local guide
- Private/Walking tour
Exclusions for Private Day Tour Of Ravenna And Ferrara
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.