Your personal guide will pick you up in an air-conditioned sedan or minivan at your hotel between 5:30am - 6am. From there, you will begin an exclusive tour of the village of Homn, which is located in one of the main cenotes areas. You will find a huge variety of cenotes, each one with uniquely transparent waters of various colors. In the village Homn, you will visit the church and colonial convent, as well as discover the traditional life of a village on the Yucatan. Then, you take the cenote route, where we can enjoy three rustic cenotes of your choice:
- Cenote Tza Ujun Kat: located in front of the cemetery of the Homn village. It has a hole in the top where the sunlight enters and the interior is very spacious. The water is emerald green and very transparent. It has both deep and shallow parts, which makes it ideal for families.
- Cenote Santa Rosa: located next to the soccer field. The top of this cenote has the form of a full dome with a small hole in the middle, letting only a little amount of sunlight to enter the cenote. To descend to the level of the water you must take wooden stairs. The water is colored turquoise blue.
- Cave and Cenote Santa Maria: located a few blocks from the center of Homn, this is one of the most attractive cenotes. In order to get to this cenote, you must first pass though a grotto/underground river. The cenote itself looks like a giant jacuzzi. Ideal for those who like adventure.
- Cenote Yaxbacaltun: located out of the village, a dirt road leads to this cenote. It is one of the largest and most spectacular. More than half of its vault has collapsed, giving it very good lighting.
- Cenote Balmil: located out of the village. In the entrance there is a large cottonwood tree. Once inside the chamber, there are whimsical stone formations and the water is turquoise blue and very transparent.
The diversity, exuberance, and beauty of these cenotes makes it one of the best natural attractions of the Yucatan. The advantage of these cenotes is that they are not part of the tourist routes widely promoted in Yucatan. Because of this, Homn cenotes maintain their rustic and natural look.
We will be dropped back off at your hotel around 7pm.