Stroll transparent walkways high above the clouds, ride Asia's longest cable car and thrill to spectacular aerial views on this private day tour to Tianmen Mountain. You'll walk the Skyways, climb 999 steps to Heaven's Door, and ride the winding 99-Bend Road before enjoying lunch and seeing sandstone paintings in Zhangjiajie city. Tour includes lunch and entrance fees.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before your private guide and driver collect you from your Zhangjiajie hotel lobby at 8:30am. It's a short drive by private vehicle to the base of the cableway, right by the railway station.
Admire the spectacular views as you ride the cable car to its final stop, atop Tianmen (Heaven's Door) Mountain. At 4.6 miles (7.5 kilometers) long, it's the longest cable car ride in Asia, and takes approximately 30 minutes to ascend from the city.
Your first stop is Tianmen Temple, an expansive religious complex first built during the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD), although the buildings you see now are recent.
Next, visit the attractions that made Tianmen Mountain famous. The vertiginous Skyways are narrow walkways of transparent glass that cling to the edge of the mountain. Don your shoe covers to protect the glass and enjoy spectacular views down the sheer mountainside and across the surreal karst landscape around Zhangjiajie: your guide will steer you to the best spots for photos.
Descend to the feature that gave the mountain its name, Tianmen Dong (Heaven's Door Cave), a vast natural archway that pierces the mountainside like a giant keyhole. It takes about half an hour to climb the 999 steps that lead up to it, depending on your fitness level.
From here, you'll ride a shuttle bus down the winding 99-Bend Road, which curls sinuously around the mountainside, to the cable-car station, and enjoy a late lunch in Zhangjiajie city.
Finally, visit the Junsheng Painting Institute and learn about the unique artworks its founder creates using sandstone.
As this is a private tour, the precise duration is up to you, but you'll finish in the afternoon. Your driver can transfer you to Zhangjiajie bus station, Zhangjiajie train station, Zhangjiajie airport, or your downtown Zhangjiajie hotel.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour Of Tianmen Mountain With Skywalk
- Air-conditioned private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance ticket to Tianmen Mountain Forest Park
- Shoe covers and cable-car ticket on Tianmen Mountain
- Private guide
- Chinese lunch
- Local travel insurance
Exclusions for Private Day Tour Of Tianmen Mountain With Skywalk
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A maximum of 10 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved: due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required for all participants. Please provide in the "special requirement" block at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.