Private Day Tour Of Yongding Chuxi And Nanxi Tulou Clusters From Xiamen Without Shopping Stops
OverviewA truly private full day tour without any compulsory shopping stops. Discover the magnificent beauty of Fujian Tulou (Hakka Earthen Buildings) on the full-day trip to Chuxi and Nanxi villages from Xiamen. With the most artistic value, Chuxi and Nanxi earthen buildings are the most picturesque among Yongding Tulou clusters. You will learn more about the unique architectures, lifestyle of local Hakka people, and Tulou culture. Join this tour to experience this invaluable World Cultural Heritage site.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up at around 8am from the lobby of your centrally located Xiamen hotel. Your private guide will contact you in advance to confirm exact pickup time. After a 3-hour drive, you will arrive at Chuxi Tulou Cluster, another typical Tulou Clusters in Yongding County in addition to except Hongkeng Tulou Cluster. There are five round-shape Tulou buildings and many square ones here. The most famous among them should be the round and typical Hakka styled Jiqing Lou, Shanqing Lou, and squared Shengqing Lou.
Jiqing Lou is the largest building with longest history dating back to Ming Dynasty. Typically, a Tulou building has 4 staircases the most to connect each floor. While Jiqing Lou, which is comprised of two concentric rings: outer ring and inner ring with four stories, has 72 staircases dividing the building into 72 independent units. As a result, each independent unit conveniently owns a staircase. Shanqing Lou is the youngest building established in 1979 by overseas Chinese donors with modern embellishments and marble on the first floor as well as in the courtyard. Shengqing Lou is a typical rectangle earthen building with two concentric squares.
Afterwards, settle into your car for another 30 minutes drive to Nanxi Tulou Cluster in Nanxi Village. This beautiful village snakes through lush green mountains and vegetation. The ash-black cap-roofed Tulou buildings with earth wall dotted in the vast fields are like pearls scattered in the verdant mountains, creating a charming sight. Discover the hidden gems with your professional and knowledgeable private guide by visiting the elegant Fuzhen Lou and the literary family at Yanxiang Lou.
Migrated from the central plain area of China, the cradle of Chinese civilization, Hakka people followed the tradition in preserving important value of family unity. So they built these big Tulou houses for all the family members living together. Boasting the unique fortress shape, the buildings are specially designed and they are proof to strong wind, earthquakes, flames as well as moisture. These buildings stay cool in summer and warm in winter. And for years, these gorgeous Tulou buildings have remained popular among local Hakka people. At the end of the tour sit back and enjoying the comfortable 3 hours ride back to your hotel in Xiamen where this tour concludes.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour Of Yongding Chuxi And Nanxi Tulou Clusters From Xiamen Without Shopping Stops
- Entrance fees specified in the itinerary
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Ground transportation with professional drivers
- Professional & private English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup & drop-off
Exclusions for Private Day Tour Of Yongding Chuxi And Nanxi Tulou Clusters From Xiamen Without Shopping Stops
- Flights or trains to/from Xiamen
- Chinese visa
- Personal expense
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities for guide & driver (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Note: The prices shown are not valid during China's Official Holidays (such as National Day - 01 to 07, Oct. Chinese Spring Festival - 15 Feb to 21 Feb, 2018, etc.).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.