Private Day Tour: Suzhou And Tongli Water Village From ShanghaiWrite a Review
From USD 99
OverviewExplore the outskirts of Shanghai on this 9-hour private tour of Suzhou and the Tongli Water Village. See the primitive beauty of the Tongli Water Village, including indulging in a traditional Chinese lunch. Next, tour the classic gardens in Suzhou for example: the Lingering Garden, Humble administrator garden and Net master garden, your final stop will be a silk factory and you will be dropped off at your centrally located Shanghai hotel.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the lobby at your Shanghai accommodations at 8:30am. Board the private vehicle and begin your journey to Tongli Water Village. The drive will take about 90 mins. Tongli Water Village t is known for a system of canals, it also has been given the nickname "Venice of the East". The place retains many of the features of an ancient Wu region town.
After your visit in Tongli Water Town for about one and half hours, it's now time for an authentic Chinese lunch. Try some very unique dishes for example "eight treasure duck", which is a traditional Chinese dish, that's first marinated, fried, stuffed with 8 different ingredients (hence, the "treasures" or "jewels" of the dish) before it's steamed or braised till soft and falling off the bone.
Your first destination in the afternoon is Shantang, its original layout has been there for 1,200 years, featuring houses with white washed walls and black tiles and a canal which runs along the street. Next, heading to the Lingering Garden, the most famous ancient garden in Suzhou. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, you will have the opportunity to stroll the pathways, taking plenty of pictures along the way. Afterwards, visit a neighboring silk factory that holds a nearly 100-year old history. Observing the process of silk reeling, silk weaving, and finally silk quilt making. You will be amazed by how the silk are made by zero.
At the end of your tour, you will be transferred back to your centrally located hotel in Shanghai.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: Suzhou And Tongli Water Village From Shanghai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Tongli Water Village entrance fee
- Lingering Garden entrance fee
- Silk factory entrance fee
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: Suzhou And Tongli Water Village From Shanghai
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.