Private Day Tour: Suzhou From ShanghaiWrite a Review
OverviewEmbark on this private 8.5-hour tour of Suzhou, departing from Shanghai. Visit Master-of-Nets Garden, the smallest and most classic garden among the Suzhou gardens. Break for lunch at a local restaurant before visiting the Humble Administrator's Garden, located on the Dongbei Street of Suzhou. This green paradise is a typical classic garden of southern-China-style. Afterwards, heading back to Shanghai after a visit to a local silk museum.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tour
Your private driver/guide will collect you from your central Shanghai hotel at 8:30am. Drive in climate-controlled comfort for around an hour and 40 minutes to Suzhou, an ancient canal city that's perhaps most famous for silk and the classical gardens that hold their own UNESCO World Heritage listing.
Your first stop is the Net Master's Garden, the smallest of Suzhou's classical gardens, but one of the most beautiful. First laid out in the twelfth century AD, its artful warren of courtyards create a deceptive illusion of space.
It's just a short drive to the Humble Administrator's Garden, the largest of Suzhou's classical gardens and very far from humble! The 12.8-acre (5.2-hectare) garden, first built in 1509, is full of a bewitching array of lotus ponds, bamboo groves, elegant bridges, and shady pavilions perfect for wandering in.
After enjoying a Chinese lunch at a local restaurant (own expense), you'll drive a short way to the Suzhou Silk Museum. Here you can see the entire journey that goes into making a piece of silk, from the silkworm to the loom to a workshop with artisans creating beautiful embroidered pieces, as well as historic pieces of fine silk. Suzhou silk embroidery can take years of hard work to complete and command astronomical prices.
You'll leave Suzhou around 3:20pm, arriving back at your hotel around 5pm.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: Suzhou From Shanghai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from central Shanghai hotels
- Private driver/guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: Suzhou From Shanghai
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Surcharge applies to pickup from locations other than central Shanghai hotels
We regret to inform you that most of the museums in China are closed all day on Mondays; wherever possible, we will try to offer alternative visits for touring options on this day.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.