Private Day Tour: The Midland Waterfall Hunt From Kandy
OverviewThis tour takes you on an adventurous hike and drive through the lush tropical wilderness of Sri Lanka, on a quest to search out some of the most elusive waterfalls of the midlands. Explore 7 breathtaking waterfalls from Wattegama to Bambarella. Enjoy the the beauty of nature as you hike past misty peaks, valleys carpeted with tea, rocky cliffs and crystal watered streams. Catch glimpses of occasional deer, giant squirrel, and buffalos.
Know More about this tour
You will be starting your tour at 7:00 am. Your chauffeur guide will pick you up from your place of stay in Kandy. You can chose to have breakfast before you start, or bring your own packed breakfast. Its also suggested that you wear covered clothing, with proper hiking boots; as there will be plenty of leeches when you hike through jungles. It may also be a good idea to bring some salt in case any of them manage to hang on. Some of the other important things to bring would be a change of clothes; in case you get your clothes wet or wish to have a bath; towels, and a bottle of water.
Your first stop will be Rahas Falls, a 15m tall waterfall that gushes down a rock crevice. Its said that a nearby cave was once the refuge of a Sri Lankan king who was trying to hide from foreign invaders. But the most interesting part of the story is the bit of lore that says that the king revealed a hidden mysterious tunnel behind the falls by placing an umbrella in the falls. To this day the villagers in the area state that those who attempt to bath there while alone, see a strange elusive red object within the falls; and if they attempt to find it, they meet their death. You will find that Rahas Ella is very beautiful. But you will not be bathing here as the water is dangerously deep near the falls.
Second on your itinerary will be the 75 m tall Hulu River Falls. Originating from the Knuckles mountain range; the crystal clear water from the falls, ends up in the Victoria reservoir after anointing nearby villages with its spray. Surrounded by trees, bushes, and other such nature; the falls are very photogenic.
Other falls that you will see include the Sari (an traditional draped clothing worn by the women of India and Sri Lanka) shaped Sarii Ella, the 45m tall twin falls of Jodu Ella, two of three waterfalls that flow through Lebanon Tea Estate, the tiny Kosgama Falls and the 50m tall Thaliya Wetuna Falls. You will also get a chance to bathe and swim at some of the falls that are safe.Along the way you will stop for a traditional Sri Lankan lunch. At approximately 5 pm you will be finishing your tour; and will then be dropped off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: The Midland Waterfall Hunt From Kandy
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fuel surcharge
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: The Midland Waterfall Hunt From Kandy
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not wheelchair accessible
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip: Sigiriya and Dambulla Rock Cave Temple from Kandy
- Private Tour: Kandy Crafts and Spices
- Private Day Trip to Twin Kingdoms from Kandy
- Private Full-Day Village Walking Tour from Kandy
- Private Day Tour: Mahiyanganaya from Kandy
- Private Day Tour: Polonnaruwa and Minneriya from Kandy
- 2 Day Private Tour - Culture of the Hills Tour from Bentota
- Private Ground Transfer: Kandy Hotel to Colombo Hotel