OverviewMarvel at Fayoum city for its traditional water wheels, then drive to along Lake Moeris and visit the beautiful waterfalls at Wadi El Rayan. Afterwards you will head to visit the famous temple for the crocodile god Sobek, which belongs to the Greco-Roman site of Karanis.
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at 7am for the 62 mile (100 km) drive to Fayoum city, south west of Cairo. Fayoum was known to the Greeks as Crocodilopolis, as this is where the sacred crocodiles kept in Lake Moeris were worshiped in ancient times. Your guide will take you to the famous temple for the crocodile-god Sobek, then you will head to see the Lake Moeris where you can stand on a hill and take lovely pictures of the area. Afterwards you will be taken to Wadi El Rayan where you can find the largest waterfalls of Egypt. Back to Fayoum for lunch in a restaurant overlooking the lake, before exploring the city.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour To Fayoum And Wadi El Rayan From Cairo
- Entrance fees to all sites
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Lunch ( Egyptian food)
- Bottled water
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with free WiFi
Exclusions for Private Day Tour To Fayoum And Wadi El Rayan From Cairo
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.