This private day tour is designed for people who enjoy walking and a little bit hiking as you will walk around in two famous imperial parks plus the original part of Beijing. During this tour, you will visit beautiful Jingshan Hill, Beihai Park, Hutong, and Houhai. Lunch will be served in the famous Imperial Cuisine restaurant located inside of Beihai Park where you will unveil the emperor's secret dining preference. Hotel pickup and drop-off service is included.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Lunch included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at 9am at your hotel and begin by climbing Jingshan Hill in Jingshan Park, the highest point along the central axis of Beijing.
Made from soil dug during the building of the moat at the Forbidden City, this artificial hill was located according to the dictates of Feng shui: to protect the imperial palace from the evil wind from the north. Today, the hill is best-known as a place to enjoy outstanding panoramic views over the walled palace and downtown Beijing.
Next, walk to Beihai Park, an imperial garden to the northwest of the Forbidden City. The oldest and best-preserved imperial park in China, and one of its largest gardens, Beihai boasts more than 800 years of history and contains numerous historically important structures, palaces, and temples.
Visit all the major sites, such as the White Dagoba, Nine Dragon Screen, and Tuancheng. Plus, if you’re here between April and November, see various old temples and small gardens, as well as the famous Five Dragon Pavilion, by boat.
At lunchtime, savor a delicious meal of imperial-style cuisine at the Beihai Fangshan Restaurant, a famous establishment open since 1925.
In the afternoon, follow a professional hutong guide into the hutongs, the oldest, original districts of Beijing. Stroll the narrow lanes and visit a local family home where your hosts will share stories about hutong life and the changes they have seen since 1949.
Next, head to Houhai Lake, one of the two most popular pub streets in Beijing. Admire the traditional buildings lined along the beautiful lake, and continue with a stroll through Yandaixiejie, one of the oldest hutongs and home to many traditional shops and outlets.
Finally, visit the Drum Tower and head inside to watch a traditional drum-beating ceremony. After your tour finishes, your guide will drop you back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour To Jingshan Hill And Beihai Park Plus Hutong With Imperial Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport in a comfort Uber vehicle
- Professional and friendly guide
- Tickets for all sights mentioned
- Hutong Guide service fee
- Imperial Lunch with sodas/beer
- Mineral water
Exclusions for Private Day Tour To Jingshan Hill And Beihai Park Plus Hutong With Imperial Lunch
- Personal expenses
- Wine (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Dragon Boat is only available from April to November
Private no shopping tour to guarantee adequate time on each sight and comfortable pace
This tour involves quite some walking, please wear comfortable shoes
Lunch is set menu, please advise any special dietary requirements beforehand
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.