Private Day Tour: Tongli Water Town From Shanghai Including Lunch
OverviewJoin this private tour to enjoy the beautiful view of Tongli Water Town. Spend the day in a town that is separated into 7 islands by various rivers! While there, walk over the quintessential bridges that link them, enjoy a traditional lunch, and experience life as a local in the town.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
The day begins when your private driver/guide picks you up from your hotel at 8am. Admire the transition from big-city Shanghai to rural China as you drive the two hours to Tongli in climate-controlled comfort.
One of China's most celebrated water towns, Tongli is divided into seven separate islands by a network of canals, linked by a beautiful series of arching bridges: it blooms with fresh flowers. Many of China's old canal towns disappeared under the bulldozers during the rush to modernization, so Tongli really is a trip back in time.
Your guide will lead you through the town, ensuring you get the best views of gardens, ancient bridges, and stone houses. Watch the locals riding boats as they go about their daily routine among the waterways, capture shots of watery vistas, and soak up the atmosphere.
Enjoy an included lunch at a local restaurant, then visit your choice of a pearl gallery or silk museum, before heading back to Shanghai at 3pm. You'll arrive at your hotel around 5pm.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: Tongli Water Town From Shanghai Including Lunch
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking driver/guide
- All activities
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: Tongli Water Town From Shanghai Including Lunch
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Passport name, number, expiry, and country is required at time of booking for all participants for travel insurance purpose and entrance tickets to tourism attractions
Please kindly provide your local contact number upon booking if available
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Tour of Suzhou and Tongli Water Town from Shanghai
- Private Tour: Zhujiajiao, Oriental Pearl Tower and Shanghai History Museum
- Best of Shanghai Day Tour including Jade Buddha Temple and The Bund
- Day Tour of Shanghai Highlights
- Private Day Trip: Zhujiajiao Water Town and HuangPu River Cruise
- Small-Group Shanghai Sightseeing Tour, River Cruise and Wonton-Making Lesson