Private Day Tour: Watertowns Xitang And Wuzhen From Shanghai
OverviewExplore the water town of Xitang and Wuzhen, each with its own characteristics. Within an easy drive from Shanghai, both towns have gained recognition for its unique, town set up along its complex internal waterway system. The best way to see these towns is on foot and your guide will explain in all details of the history and interesting facts about Wuzhen and Xitang. Noteworthy is that some scenes from the action-packed movie Mission Impossible III (starring Tom Cruise) were actually shot in Xitang, adding to that already wondrous atmosphere.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up in the early morning for a day exploration to two of the most famous water towns in China Wuzhen and Xitang.
You will start the day with bringing a visit to Wuzhen. Town such as Wuzhen is characterized by their burbling brooks, stone-arched bridges, small and narrow path ways made out of cobbled stones and many traditional Chinese stores and tea houses, overlooking one of the many canals in these towns. Wuzhen dates back from the Ming and Qing Dynasty and have maintained over the hundreds of years its stunning yet romantic characteristics. The best way to see all the corners, bridges and tea houses in this water town is by foot. Via a well-planned route, we end up at a local restaurant for a Chinese-style lunch. After lunch, a short drive brings us to Xitang. This town stretches across eight sections, linked by stone bridges and just high enough to be used as main transportation ways for ships to carry goods from one side of the town to the other. Xitang received international attention after scenes from the movie Mission Impossible III were shot here and our guide can tell you where scenes in this town were used.
With more than 2000 years of history, these towns have become just a must-see as the Great Wall of China when interested about life around the Yangtze River. It unique settings and its importance in the development of Chinese history and culture has led to various projects to preserve the towns for generations to come.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: Watertowns Xitang And Wuzhen From Shanghai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: Watertowns Xitang And Wuzhen From Shanghai
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip to Hangzhou by Fast Train from Shanghai
- Private Day Tour: Tongli Water Town from Shanghai including Lunch
- Private Day Tour: Nanxun Ancient Water Town from Shanghai
- Private VIP Class Huangpu River Cruise and Evening City Lights Tour
- 3-Hour Walking Tour: Old Town Morning With Authentic Shanghainese Breakfast
- A Half Day Trip To Zhujiajiao from Shanghai