Private Day Tour: West And East Bank, Valley Of Kings, Hatchepsuit, Colossi Of Memnon, Karnak And Luxor Temples
OverviewTake a private day trip to discover the highlights of the East and West Banks of Luxor (Thebes). This sightseeing tour is with a qualified Egyptologist tour guide. So visit the valley of Kings, Luxor and Karnak Temples and much more for you to enjoy.
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tour
You can choose whether to start this tour at 7am or 8am: either way, your private Egyptologist guide will collect you from your Luxor hotel or cruise ship after breakfast, and drive with you to the West Bank in air-conditioned comfort.
Your first stop is the famous Valley of the Kings, one of many highlights that has made ancient Luxor a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The richly decorated tombs carved from the sandstone here are home to ancient kings including Tutankhamun, Tuthmosis I, Ramses VI, Amenhotep II, and Merneptah: you'll visit a small selection with explanations from your guide.
Next, it's a short drive to the majestic Temple of Hatshepsut, built by Queen Hatshepsut, daughter of Tuthmosis I. She ruled Egypt for around 15 years (1473-1458 BC) in the full guise of a male pharaoh, achieving unprecedented power.
Another short drive will bring you to the towering seated statues known as the Colossi of Memnon. Capture images of these iconic figures before you explore the remains of the mortuary temple of the pharaoh they depict, Amenhotep III.
Now you'll cross the Nile to explore Luxor's East Bank. Enjoy an included buffet lunch at a local restaurant before you visit the mighty Temple of Karnak, a giant temple complex built up over thousands of years, and dedicated to the god Amun-Re, with smaller shrines to his wife Mut.
Your last stop is the nearby Luxor Temple, a mighty temple so imposing that Romans used it as a fortress when they ruled Egypt. From here, you'll drive back to your hotel or cruise ship, bidding your guide farewell at 4pm or 5pm
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: West And East Bank, Valley Of Kings, Hatchepsuit, Colossi Of Memnon, Karnak And Luxor Temples
- Pickup and drop-off from Luxor hotel or cruise ship
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to all mentioned sites
- Bottled water on board the vehicle
- All service charges & taxes
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: West And East Bank, Valley Of Kings, Hatchepsuit, Colossi Of Memnon, Karnak And Luxor Temples
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Overnight Tour to Abu Simbel from Luxor by Road
- Day Trip to Esna and el Kab from Luxor
- Private Tour: Dendara and Abydos Temples from Luxor
- Luxor Airport Private Transfer to Luxor Hotels
- Private Transport to the Temples of Dendera and Abydos from Luxor
- Private Transport from Luxor to Aswan
- Airport Pickup
- Luxor Airport Departure Transfer