OverviewThis is a private tour to visit "Venice of the East" ancient town----Zhouzhuang and picturesque city Suzhou. On this day trip by private vehicle, stroll through Suzhou's marvelous Lingering Garden and view its Grand Canal. Youll explore Zhouzhuang's waterways on a Chinese-style gondola and dine on a Chinese-Style lunch. With an expert guide, you will observe the traditional daily life in these centuries-old towns.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Small group ensures personal service
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourZhouzhuang is one of the most famous water townships in China, noted for its profound cultural background, the well preserved ancient residential houses and the elegant watery views. It has been called the "Venice of the East".
You will start your journey from shanghai to the “East Venice “ancient town. Visit The Twin Bridges, which are Shide Bridge and Yongan Bridge, are the most famous and are considered the symbol of Zhouzhuang. Residence of Shen Wansan who is the richest person in this town in Ming Dynasty to see how luxury his house is. There is also Taoist Sanctuary, Nanhu Park and Quanfu Pagoda with deep historical meaning is worth to see it.
After that we will drive to Suzhou which is a city with historical significance and beautiful landscape gardens.
We will have lunch in most famous Suzhou cuisine restaurant. Try delicious food and take a rest, get more energy for afternoon trip.
Seven miles long Shantang is must go place for all tourists - it’s thoroughly crisis-crossed with canals and bridges - and you can still see traces of a very old lifestyle centered around the canals. Afterwards we are going to most famous garden---Lingering Garden. It is recognized with other classical Suzhou gardens as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In 1997, the garden, along with other classical gardens in Suzhou, was recorded by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. The garden also stores two UNESCO Intangible World Heritage Arts; Pingtan and Guqin music.
We are happy to show you more if time allowed within this 9 hours tour since this is private tour. After the day trip, our driver will send you back to you hotel in Shanghai Or anywhere in Suzhou and zhouzhuang area if you want to see more there the next day.
Inclusions for Private Day Tour: Zhouzhuang And Suzhou From Shanghai
- Professional English speaking guide
- Private vehicle
- All entrance fee(lingering gardens and zhouzhuang main ticket)
- A delicious Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Day Tour: Zhouzhuang And Suzhou From Shanghai
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Any attractions/activities/shows that are not listed in the itinerary
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Departure time is flexible from 7am to 9am. Please specify your preferred pickup time upon booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.