Private Day Trip: Chichen Itza And Ik'il Cenote From Playa Del Carmen - CancunWrite a Review
Travel by private air-conditioned vehicle and enjoy the way you want your privet journey of 12 hours. Have your personal visit with an expert local guide, explore Chichen-Itza and admire Â the Pyramid of KukulkÃ¡n, the Ball Game, the Temple of the Tigers, the SacredÂ Cenote, the Snail Temple, the Building of the Nuns, the Temple of theÂ Warriors, among other platforms and constructions. Then go to Ik'kil cenote (a natural swimming pool)Â surrounded by vegetation where you can swim in the fresh water. Your personal guide can assist on planning your day, to match your personal interests.
- Ideal choice for families
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up at your hotel in Playa del Carmen or Riviera Maya with a recommended pickup time of 7:30am to avoid the crowds. You will first explore the site of Chichen Itza which once was one of the most important Mayan cities in Yucatanâs northern lowlands. You'll enjoy a guided tour in which you'll learn about the twoÂ periods of theÂ Mayan history: one purely Mayan and other with Toltec influence, which is reflected in its architecture andÂ sculpture.
Buildings such as Pyramid of KukulkÃ¡n (El Castillo) are testimony to its past splendor.Â Learn of its mathematics, astronomical and religious significance and also visit the ball court, observatory and the temple of the warriors. After the guided tour, have some time to take pictures and explore on your own before heading to cenoteÂ Ik'kil. This is a majestic natural swimming pool which is open to the sky with the water depth about 26 meters below ground level. While you go down the stone stairs, admire the beautiful surrounding and the swim in the fresh water, where you can see theÂ small catfish living there. (If you are interested in a different Cenote you can ask directly to your guide).
You'll enjoy a buffet lunch and can choose toÂ enjoy the rest of the day in Valladolid, a nice colonial town where you have free time to buy souvenirs, and treat yourself to this wonderful magic town (pueblo mÃ¡gico). Or if you have a passion about archaeology, choose to go to Ek Balam and enjoy thisÂ incredible archaeological site (entrance fee not included).Â Your personal guide can assist on planning your entire day and give you tips on what else to do in the area during your stay.Â
Finish with drop off at your hotel, or destination of your choice.
Inclusions for Private Day Trip: Chichen Itza And Ik'il Cenote From Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Day Trip: Chichen Itza And Ik'il Cenote From Playa Del Carmen
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.