Private Day Trip From Jerez: Doñana National Park & Sanlucar
OverviewDiscover the serene landscapes of one of Europe's most unique ecosystems on a private small-group tour to Doñana National Park. This UNESCO-listed wetlands preserve is home to an amazing variety of plants and animal species including birds of prey, wild boars, and the elusive Iberian lynx. Youll also get a dose of local culture with a visit to Sanlúcar de Barrameda and taste it famous Manzanilla wine.
Know More about this tourWhat You'll Do
- Explore the diverse landscapes of one of Europe's most important wetlands
- Enjoy a private tour from Cádiz to the UNESCO-listed Doñana National Park
- Discover one of the only remaining places in the world to see the wild Iberian lynx
- Taste regional wine of Sanlúcar: Manzanilla
- Learn about the history and culture of the region from your guide
Less than one hour away from Jerez, you will arrive in the Doñana National Park. Doñana has a biodiversity that is unique in Europe, although there are some similarities to the Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue of the Camargue river delta in France, with which Doñana Park is twinned. The park features a great variety of ecosystems and shelters wildlife including thousands of European and African migratory birds, fallow deer, Spanish red deer, wild boars, European badgers, Egyptian mongooses, and endangered species such as the Spanish imperial eagle and the Iberian lynx.
The Doñana Natural Park includes parts of the provinces of Cadiz , Huelva and Seville . It contains a wide range of eco-systems and is close to the Doñana National Park , considered to be Europe 's best ecological reserve. It has a total surface area of 53,709 hectares , 3,400 of which belong to the province of Cadiz.
It was declared a Natural Park in 1989 in order to soften any possible impact on the National Park and contains a wealth of important natural and cultural items. It partially forms part of the "Doñana Biosphere Reserve" (1986) and has been a Special Protection Zone for Birds (ZEPA) in 2002.
The zone consists of pine forests (Pinar de la Algaida ), salt marshes (Bonanza Marshes), together with tributaries and channel of the River Guadalquivir which used to flood the salt marsh. This landscape is currently noted for its horizontal aesthetics and a bluish tone from the morning mists.
The Bonanza Marshes, situated near to the mouth of the Guadalquivir , are a strip of natural salt marshes that are flooded when the tide comes in, unlike the rest of the River Guadalquivir marshland that nowadays only receives water from the rain. These marshes are between El Pinar de la Algaida and the river bank, and are fundamental for wintering birds in dry years.
Situated on the left of the mouth of the River Guadalquivir and opposite Doñana, the origins of the first settlement came about because of the building of a Phoenician temple dedicated to Astarté. This stately town - declared a Historic Ensemble- has an urban design characterised by being divided into two great nuclei: the Barrio Alto and the Barrio Bajo.
Inclusions for Private Day Trip From Jerez: Doñana National Park & Sanlucar
- Pick up from Hotels in: Jerez, Cádiz and El Puerto de Santa María.
- You can request pick up at Chiclana and Rota with an extra fee.
- Round trip private transfer by air-conditioned minivan
- Private tour
- Small group tour
- Tour in Sanlúcar's historical center
- Round trip crossing the Guadalquivir river to Doñana Park
- Guided visit to Doñana Natural Park by the hand of local professionals
- Civil liability and accident insurance
Exclusions for Private Day Trip From Jerez: Doñana National Park & Sanlucar
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Expenses not specified above
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Hotel pickup included
Informative, friendly and professional guide
Ideal choice for families
Perfect for all ages and skill level
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.