Private Day Trip From Marrakech To Essaouira - Marrakesh
OverviewDeparture from your hotel or Riad in Marrakech for a day trip to Essaouira Mogador to visit the historic port city of Essaouira, including a visit of Berber women cooperative producing argan oil and spend the day exploring traditional architecture of the old empires settled the city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. a guided walking tour of Essaouira to explore and discover the main landmarks and monuments in the city including a walk in the old Medina and a visit to old jewish town.
Know More about this tour
A Full day trip to the country of the argan tree, a region located between Agadir and Essaouira, which was the first biosphere area created in 1998 and recognized by UNESCO as World Heritage.
In this day trip to Essaouira we will meet the Berber women in cooperative grouped together. This association has two objectives: To improve the socio-economic status of these women, and to preserve the argan forest by promoting it through a process of sustainable economic development.
The fruits of the argan tree are collected and brought to the douar where they are shelled. The nut is then crushed and grilled before being crushed, to give an oil with multiple virtues, used daily in cooking. It brings to the dishes a sweet taste of hazelnut.
Unroasted Argan nuts are used to produce argan oil for cosmetics. To do this, the women grind the fruits, in a hand grinder, (the rha). The paste obtained, embedded in the water is kneaded for a long time, then pressed by hand to extract the oil. These are the same gestures that the women of the cooperative continue to make.
After the visit, we will continue our journey to Essaouira, a small clean city and one of the oldest medieval cities in Morocco dates to 6BC when discovered by Phoenicians. Then, many other empires from Berber to Portuguese then to French who settled this city, which makes it a harmony of architectures and landmarks. You will start your visit of Essaouira from the port, one of the oldest ports in Morocco which used to be the point of exchange of caravans coming from the sub-Saharan and the ships from western. Then not far from the port you will visit Sekkala a landmark of Essaouira, and then visit of Old Jewish town and after lunch free time to visit the old medina and the artisanal shops.
Return to Marrakech in the afternoon around 5 pm.
Inclusions for Private Day Trip From Marrakech To Essaouira
- Transport by air-conditioned 4x4 or minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Private Day Trip From Marrakech To Essaouira
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shared Group 2 Days Sahara Desert Trip From Marrakech To Zagora Dunes
- 3-Day Desert Private Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
- A half day Quad biking tour in Marrakech Palm groove and villages
- Small GroupMarrakech City Tour Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Marrakech - Ouzoud waterfalls Day Trip
- Full-Day Guided Ouarzazete and Kasbah Ksar Tour from Marrakech
- A NIGHT UNDER THE STARS with one overnight in Luxury Desert camp
- Camel ride and walking