Private Day Trip To Agra From Delhi Including A Visit To The Taj Mahal And Agra Fort
OverviewExperience the glory of the Mughal empire on this day trip to Agra with private guide. Enjoy the monuments in the historic city as you travel in a private air-conditioned car with an experienced chauffeur. Explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites of the Taj Mahal, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, and the majestic Agra Fort in a day that you will never forget.
- Hotel pickup included
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour6am - You will be collected from your Hotel in Delhi to travel to Agra by a private air-conditioned car (204 km).
10:30am - Arrive in Agra and with your guide visit the highlight of the tour, The Taj Mahal. The Taj Mahal was built by Shah Jahan for his beloved Begum Mumtaz Mahal. Work on the mausoleum began in 1633 CE, and 20,000 workers labored for 17 years to build it. The most skilled architects, inlay craftsmen, calligraphers, stone-carvers and masons came from all across India and lands as distant as Persia and Turkey. The building is Mumtaz Mahals final resting-place was ornamented like a queens jewel-box.
Spend the morning getting caught up in the romance of Taj Mahal! You will have plenty of time to admire this amazing monument from all angles. Take pictures and listen as your guide teaches you about the history and architecture of the monument.
12pm - Spend an hour exploring the 2.5 km long Agra Fort. Considered the predecessor to Delhi's Red Fort, enjoy the maze of courtyards, mosques, palaces, gardens, and halls of the fort which echos the story of the Mughal Empire.
The forbidding exteriors of the fort hide what is truly an inner paradise. As you walk around the Agra Fort, admire the exquisite buildings like Moti Masjid which is a white marble mosque akin to a perfect pearl, the Diwan-I-Am, the Diwan-I-Khaas, the Musamman Burj where Shahjahan died in 1666 CE and the beautiful palaces: Jahangir's Palace, Khaas Mahal and Shish Mahal.
1:30pm - Lunch (own expense)
2:20pm - You may go shopping in Agra which is known for its fabulous handicrafts made of marble and soft stone inlay work.
3:30pm - After a memorable day, return to Delhi by car. Arrive in Delhi at 7:30pm and transfer to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Day Trip To Agra From Delhi Including A Visit To The Taj Mahal And Agra Fort
- Delhi hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Professional English speaking local guide
- Private tour
- Transportation by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver
- All taxes, fees and handling charges.
Exclusions for Private Day Trip To Agra From Delhi Including A Visit To The Taj Mahal And Agra Fort
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Minimum numbers apply. Two people are required per booking. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly
Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Over sized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Delhi to Agra Full-Day Tour of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort with Mehtab Bagh
- Experience Diwali: Celebrate with a Local Indian Family in Delhi
- Cycling Tour of New and Old Delhi
- Private 7-Night Tour of Agra and Jaipur from Delhi Including Ranthambore Safari
- Independent Day Tour of Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri and Agra Fort from Delhi with Private Car
- Full Day Old and New Delhi Capital City Tour Including India Gate, Red Fort and Lotus Temple