OverviewEnjoy a full-day, 8-hour experience, on a private tour. Head out of Athens for around one hour, crossing over the Corinth Canal to visit the impressive ruins of Ancient Corinth, one of Greece's most powerful and influential city states of Antiquity. On your own, explore the preserved streets, temples, markets, and fountains of Ancient Corinth. Spend time in the Medieval city of Nafplio for lunch, and with free time to explore. A stop at Acrocorinth included if desired. Seek a guide inside the archeological sites (provided on request with additional charge).
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tour
Around 8:30am, meet your guide and prepare to venture out on a private tour, exclusive to your group alone. Take the time you need to visit the sites and explore preserved streets, temples, markets, and fountains. See the Temple of Apollo, Roman baths and the step from where St. Paul preached to the Corinthians, along with a visit to its museum.
If you request, and are able to navigate the inclines and rough paths, you may be able to ascend to the large fortified Acrocorinth, which sits above the site at over 500 meters high, so you can experience the magnificent panoramic views, which stretch to the sea and Gulf of Corinth.
For lunch, you'll drive through olive groves, and orange plantations along the sea to the historical and medieval seaport of Nafplion, under dominating hilltop castle of Palamidi. After lunch, in one of the many seaside restaurants with a view to Bourtzi Castle, round your day off wondering the charming streets of the Venetian old town before your return.
A private tour exclusive to your group allows flexibility, the tour is carried out with an experienced English-speaking tour driver. The tour will go at your own pace, and provide all the essential modern, historical context along the way to help you make the most of your time. For those wishing guided tours inside Corinth, on-site professional guides can provide tours on request (extra cost). Return time in Athens is approximately 4:30pm.
Inclusions for Private Day Trip To Ancient Corinth From Athens
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pickup from cruise terminal in Athens and return on request
- Transport by private air-conditioned minivan or car (depending group size)
Exclusions for Private Day Trip To Ancient Corinth From Athens
- Entrance fees for Ancient Corinth (9 USD - Adults)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Guiding inside Ancient Corinth with on site professional licensed guide (provided on request with additional charge (Normally 100 USD). Please specify if you want this option in special requirements upon booking
- Food and drinks: Own choice in Nafplio for lunch (average lunch costs approximately 14 USD per person)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
There is a minimum of 2 adults required to book this tour
Comfortable shoes are recommended, especially if you choose the option to visit Acrocorinth
Families and children are welcome
Sunscreen, and a hat recommended from April to October
Trip duration is flexible depending on your pace, but for cruise passengers or appointments in Athens, you're guaranteed a timely return.
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.