Private Day Trip To Dracula's Castle And Peles Castle From Bucharest
OverviewDiscover the most famous castles of Romania in just one day! Visit Dracula's Castle and Peles Castle, residence of the kings of Romania.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourMeet with your guide in the morning in Bucharest's Revolution Square, or alternatively enjoy a pick up from your location or hotel.
Leave the city on route to Sinaia. The first stop is Peles Castle, former summer residence of the kings of Romania, in Sinaia, a well-known mountain resort. Nowadays the Castle is one of the most important museums in Transylvania where one can admire furniture and ornamental objects, carpets, tapestry, sculptures, paintings, collections of weapons from the 15th to the 19th centuries.
Continue the journey to Bran and the famous Bran castle, also popularly known as 'Dracula`s Castle,' The gothic fortress, located 15 miles (25 kilometers) from Brasov, grew in fame thanks to novel written in 1897 by Bram Stoker which was later on adapted into a feature film by Francis Ford Coppola. The first documents about Bran Castle appeared in 1377. Throughout history, the Castle had a strategic mission as the border between Transylvania and Wallachia. First it was under the reign of the King of Hungary, Sigismund of Luxemburg, and after that under the Romanian voievodes Mircea cel Batran and Vlad Tepes and later on it came under the jurisdiction of the City of Brasov. In 1912 it was donated by the municipality of Brasov to the Romanian royal family, in order to become their residence.
After strolling around the imposing Bran Castle, make the short drive to the charming city of Brasov. Stroll the streets of this 16th-century city, learning about the history of the place. Take note of the medieval fortress in town, one of the most fortified in all of Europe. See the old city walls, the Black and White Towers and many other centuries-old structures.
The tour concludes when you return to Bucharest with a drop-off in Revolution Square or at your chosen location.
Inclusions for Private Day Trip To Dracula's Castle And Peles Castle From Bucharest
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Private Day Trip To Dracula's Castle And Peles Castle From Bucharest
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
May be operated by a multilingual guide
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Discover Dracula's Tomb and Mogosoaia Palace - Private Tour outside Bucharest
- Full-Day Historical Bucharest Private Walking Tour
- 2-Day Halloween Transylvania Experience from Bucharest including a Costume Party at Dracula's Castle
- 3-Day Tour in Transylvania with Hunyadi or Corvin Castle and Targu Jiu from Bucharest
- Full-Day Tour to Veliko Tarnovo from Bucharest
- Private One Day Tour of Medieval Romania from Bucharest