Make the journeyÂ from Agra to Jaipur byÂ air-conditioned minivan, visiting two of Northern India's jewels along the way.Â Just west of Agra,Â Fatehpur Sikri is a small World Heritage-listed city founded by a 16th-century Mughal emperor. Continuing toÂ Abhaneri, marvel at one of the most beautifulÂ stepwellsÂ in India, known for its geometrical architecture and design. This is a unique spot for photography lovers, and something you won't see if you travel byÂ air or train.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tour
Your Driver will meet you at your hotel in Agra at 9am. Board the air-conditioned minivan and head west to Uttar Pradesh. After around one hour you will see the Buland Darwaza, also known as the "Gate of Magnificence". Built in 1601 and standing 40 meters high, the Buland Darwaza is the highest gateway in the world and marks the main entrance to the palace at Fatehpur Sikri.
Ninety minutes later you will arrive at Fatehpur Sikri itself where your guide will explain the history of the Buland Darwaza – one of the finest surviving examples of Mughal architecture – an imposing structure built from red and buff sandstone, and decorated with black and white marble.
Stroll around Diwan-E-Khas, the royal chamber where Emperor Akbar held important meetings with members of his court. Grandly decorated with precious stones, it stands out among the other palace buildings and makes a beautiful backdrop for photographs. For the best views, head to the Pancha Mahal and admire the scenic panorama once enjoyed by royal ladies and their guests.
Get back into the minivan for a 3-hour drive to Abhaneri, where you will visit the Chand Baori stepwell. This is one of the oldest and most beautiful landmarks in Rajasthan, built by King Chanda of the Chauhan Dynasty between AD 800 and AD 900. Its geometrical architecture isn't just attractive – it was designed to conserve as much water as possible.
After some time to explore and take photos, continue another hour driving toward Jaipur where you will be dropped off at your desired destination. Please note that this tour does not return to Agra.
Inclusions for Private Day Trip To Fatehpur Sikri And Abhaneri Stepwells From Agra To Jaipur
- Hotel pickup in Agra and drop-off in Jaipur
- Bottled water
- Professional guide only at Fatehpur Sikri
- One-way private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Private Day Trip To Fatehpur Sikri And Abhaneri Stepwells From Agra To Jaipur
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 5 years
A maximum of 12 people per booking
Dress code is smart casual, avoid sleeveless and shorts as you may restricted to enter places of worship.
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
NOTE: This tour begins in Agra and ends in Jaipur. It does not return to Agra.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.