Private Day Trip To San Gimignano Volterra And Certaldo - Florence
OverviewTravel back in time through a fascinating full-day excursion to discover the best Tuscan hilltop towns!Discover the charm of perfectly preserved Medieval historical centers and remain speechless in front of breathtaking views overlooking the wonderful Tuscan countryside surrounding you!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your private driver at your Hotel and get ready for a delightful day trip that will give you the opportunity to discover the most beautiful Tuscan hilltop towns in one day!
The first stop is in Certaldo, an enchanting Medieval village renowned as Boccaccios birthplace. This ancient village, located on the Via Francigena, as many Tuscan towns is divided in two parts, one modern and one medieval, located on the top of a hill. Stroll along the cozy narrow streets of the city center will be a real pleasure!
Left Certaldo, the tour will reach the Etruscan town of Volterra, famous all over the world for the alabaster craft. Visit by your own this magic and mysterious city, which origins date more than 3000 years ago. It is possible to find evidence and traces from every historical period, which gives the artistic city a unique aspect. You will be able to admire the ancient city walls, the charming Porta dellArco, the Roman Amphitheatre, the Cathedral and the wonderful Piazza dei Priori, located in the heart of the old town. Free time for lunch (included if option selected).
In the afternoon, the third stop is San Gimignano, a gorgeous town declared UNESCO World Heritage, where youll be given free time to visit the medieval town planning with the numerous and beautiful towers hence the name "Manhattan of the Middle Ages". The village is also known for the famous "Vernaccia" white wine here produced. A stroll in the town center means discovering true jewels of art, among which Piazza della Cisterna, the Dome, Palazzo del Podest and the Church of Sant'Agostino.
An exciting experience that will remain in your memory forever.
Inclusions for Private Day Trip To San Gimignano Volterra And Certaldo
- Pick-Up and Drop-Off at the hotel in Florence if centrally located
- Private chauffeured vehicle as per the itinerary; private Car: from 1 to 3 pax; private Minivan: from 4 to 8 pax
- English-speaking driver
- Three stops in the best Tuscan Hill Towns
- 2-course la carte lunch in a typical Trattoria located in the heart of Volterra (if option selected)
Exclusions for Private Day Trip To San Gimignano Volterra And Certaldo
- Food and drinks (if lunch option not selected)
- Guide Service not included
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant meals not included
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private tour Dan Brown Inferno Tour of Florence
- Livorno Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port to Central Florence
- Self-Drive Vintage Vespa Tour with Villa and Winery Tour
- Cooking Class in Traditional Tuscan Farm
- Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti Wine Tasting Tour from Florence
- Pizza and Gelato Cooking Class in the Chianti Countryside