In the morning, you will meet with your traveling guide at the hotel. You will head south, to Bulgaria, passing the Danube River, the second largest river in Europe. At approximately 100 km from the Romanian border is the charismatic city Veliko tarnovo. Once you entered the medieval town, you will be under the impression that you traveled back in time. You will find palaces, a fortress, houses with unique architectural style, museums, monasteries – all part of the regions history. Walking on the cobble streets, the guide will tell you more about the history of the town which used to be the capital of the Second Bulgarian Empire. We will visit the Tsarevets fortress , surrounded by thick walls, up on the hill. The market consists of two streets bordered by shops, craftsmen’s workshops, and inns. You can buy souvenirs from this center which recreates the atmosphere of the first decades of the 20th century. When we return to Bucharest, we will stop at the nearby village of Arbanassi, known especially for the mural paintings in the churches and we will visit the Nativity Church.
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 12 Hrs
OverviewOne day trip from Bucharest to explore the UNESCO Site - Veliko Tarnovo - from the Bulgarian land and walk through history itself.
- Visit Veliko Tarnovo
- Visit the fortress of Tsarevets
- Visit Arbanassi village
Know More about this tour
- Transport with a modern, well-equipped car, minibus or coach
- Travel guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Bottle of water
- Lunch (approx. 12 € / person)
- Personal expense
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.