Private Day Trip To Veliky Novgorod From Saint Petersburg Including Round-Trip Transportation
OverviewTreat yourself and your loved ones with a private 12-hour historical journey to the most ancient Russian town Veliky Novgorod (also known as Novgorod the Great) purportedly founded in 859. A 2.5-hour trip from Saint petersburg, enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of a typical Russian town that awaits you in Novgorod the Great.With the help of your knowledgeable guide, hear about the significant historical events with ties to the location. Behold the Novgorod Kremlin (Detinets), Chamber of the Facets (Granovitaya Palata), MillenniumMonument, St. Sophia Cathedral, St. George Monastery, and the Vitoslavitsy Museum of Folk Wooden Architecture. Round-trip transportation is included; choose between pickup from your St. Petersburg hotel or cruise ship terminal.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Begin at your prearranged time (around 8am), with pickup from your hotel or cruise port by your professional driver. Set off for Novgorod the Great in the comfort of an air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle. Take a nap during the 2.5-hour drive, or view the interesting sights on your way to the ancient town. As buses are not equipped with bathrooms, some short stops can be made as necessary on the trip to Veliky Novgorod and back.
Upon arrival in Novgorod the Great, be greeted by your English-speaking guide who will show you around the city. Visit the Novgorod Kremlin (also called Detinets) located in the heart of the city. Inside the Kremlin, behold the glorious bronze monument dedicated to the Millennium of Russia which depicts some of the most significant figures of Russian history. Here, find almost every prominent Russian who lived until 1862 including Lomonosov, Pushkin, Cyril and Methodius, Peter the Great, and more 129 personalities are represented on this monument in total.
Continue to the Chamber of the Facets (also known as Granovitaya Palata) and learn the history of this ancient architectural building and the process of its restoration. Previously a reception hall for meetings and the gathering of foreign guests, now it is the museum of Russian arts and crafts. Be awed by St Sophia Cathedral the five-domed construction which was built between 1045-1050.
Take a break for lunch; your guide will be happy to show you a nice venueto purchase lunch (at own expense). Have some free time before you proceed your tour.
Drive along the picturesque countryside as you listen to tales of the terrors of the World War II, during which Novgorod the Great was occupied and bombed. Your guide will tell you about excavation works and the results which have helped historians to discover new items significant for Russian history. Just outside the city, explore St. George Monastery, founded in 1119, a site which managed to resist Nazi attacks. The hall of the church is known for having magnificent acoustics.
Plunge into the Old Russian atmosphere, with a drive to Vitoslavitsy Museum of Folk Wooden Architecture. It will surely amaze you with little rural houses that represent lifestyle of a typical Russian village in 15-17th centuries. The museum is situated in the forest near Lake Ilmen and includes wooden living houses, churches, a windmill, and blacksmiths shop. Do not lose an opportunity to contemplate this exceptional open-air museum and take some unique pictures!
As this is a private tour, guests can customize the time spent at each location. However, approximately 20-30 minutes at each site is recommended. Activity is not recommended for those with mobility or other health restrictions. A small amount of walking will be involved. At the end of the trip, be transferred back to your Saint Petersburghotel/ship, arriving at approximately 8pm.
Inclusions for Private Day Trip To Veliky Novgorod From Saint Petersburg Including Round-Trip Transportation
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned sedan or mini-bus (up to 15 people), depending on your partysize. Almost all vehicles are equipped with WIFI.
- Entrance fees
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly for groups of 7+
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Private Day Trip To Veliky Novgorod From Saint Petersburg Including Round-Trip Transportation
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under age 6 are free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat. Do not include them in the numbers for your tour party when booking. Please use the 'Special Requirements' box to advise at time of booking if you will be traveling with a child under six and require a child seat (one will be provided free of charge).
Upon booking please indicate the following information: the preferred tour starting time, and your hotel's name and address (if hotel option selected)
Hotel guests MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. Travelers are responsible for fulfilling visa obligations on their own before they cross the border.
Cruise ship passengers must provide their passport details (full name, date of birth, passport number and nationality), cruise ship name, arrival date and time.
Cruise ship passengers must select the appropriate tour option, as it includes visa-free paperwork and port parking.
Not wheelchair accessible
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to the long tour duration it is recommended to take some snacks and drinks, as the lunch time will be only around 1-2 pm.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Treasures of St Petersburg - Two-Day Private Tour with Faberge Museum
- Treasures of St Petersburg - 2-Day Private Shore Excursion with Faberge Museum
- 1-day Private Tour - Highlights of St Petersburg & Hermitage Museum
- Two-Day Private Tour of St Petersburg visiting Tsarskoye Selo & Pavlovsk
- 2-day Comfortable Shore Excursion - St Petersburg with Tsarskoye Selo & Pavlovsk
- Private Tour to the Fountains of Peterhof and Catherine's Palace by Hydrofoil
- Evening Shore Excursion - Chamber Classical Music Concert with Transfer
- Two-Day Private Visa-Free Excursion - Best of St Petersburg & Faberge Museum