OverviewA two hour walk at the Hauz Khas area exploring the historical monuments, followed by a tour of the urban village. This tour includes return Delhi city hotel transfers services of a tour guide for the walking tour.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourYou will be picked-up from your hotel by the driver in a well-maintained, air-conditioned vehicle. On arrival at Hauz Khas you will be met by your private tour guide and the walk will commence.
This heritage walk has a unique combination of historical monuments, a lake, a vast public park and an urban village - all located side-by-side. Start off from the Deer Park where one can spot rabbits and peacocks, in addition to the many deer. The park itself is an oasis in the heart of a congested area in South Delhi.
Continue onto the monuments that date back to the 13th century. The tour guide will lend an interesting insight into the history of the area and how it is connected to even today. The monuments and the urban village are popular hangouts for the youth due to the plethora of trendy restaurants and bars in the area.
Then from 13th century you will be transported to the 21st century as the tour progresses to the urban village known as Hauz Khas Village, nowadays referred to as HKV. The village started-off as a chic area with boutiques, art galleries, stores selling curios and antiques. Not all outlets are lined along the main street, there are many hidden treasures in the narrow bylanes – some in the basement and some require climbing up a narrow/steepstaircase. Today even though restaurants and bars outnumber these stores, the charm of the village is due to the unique combination of so many interesting places. Live band performances are quite common in the restaurants and bars – most take place late evening or at night. Enjoy a local chai tea or a light snack to end your tour.
After the tour you will be transported back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Delhi Heritage And Urban Village Walk At Hauz Khas Village
- Walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Bottled water
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private Delhi Heritage And Urban Village Walk At Hauz Khas Village
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Preferably cover arms and legs (and/or apply mosquito repellent)
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
In case you intend to spend more time at Hauz Khas Village area after the end of the walk, please advise the driver – the driver can wait for two hours after the walk ends
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.