Private Doi Suthep Temple And Home Industries Tour In Chiang MaiWrite a Review
See Doi Suthep Temple the wondrous and holy temple located near the top of Mount Suthep and one of Thailandâs most famous sights. Visit the craft town and see skilled workers making woodcarvings, Thai silk, lacquer and paper umbrella. This is an excellent tour if you want to learn about handmade items of Northern Thailand and history of the famous Doi Suthep Temple. Lunch and round-trip hotel transportation is included.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Get inside tips from a local
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
Your driver and local guide will pick you up from your hotel around 8:30am and drive you to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, the most famous temple in Chiang Mai. Please note that there are 306 steps to reach the top.
The golden pagoda was built in the 14th century to enshrine a relic, said to be Buddha’s shoulder bone. You'll be amazed by the mural painting that depicts the history of Buddha’s life, and enjoy the panoramic view from the mountain top overlooking the city of Chiang Mai. Make sure to capture some photos before driving down to ground level.
Next, stop at local restaurant for a Thai lunch, and then proceed to the home industries center where you can watch the making of silver items, silk, cotton, woodcarving, jewelry, and umbrellas. You also have the chance to shop for bargains direct from the makers, if you wish. The artists at the center who meticulously hand paint all the decorations onto the umbrellas are often willing to paint a variety of beautiful designs on items that you bring to them, such as a shirt, bag, souvenir, or even your jeans. (There is an additional cost for personal painting, and you can negotiate with the particular artist.)
After the tour, your driver will transfer you back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
Inclusions for Private Doi Suthep Temple And Home Industries Tour In Chiang Mai
- Bottled water and lunch
- Private tour with driver/guide
- Entrance fee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Doi Suthep Temple And Home Industries Tour In Chiang Mai
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Dress code is formal
Please wear comfortable shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.