Private Elephanta Caves Tour - MumbaiWrite a Review
Visit the Elephanta Caves (natively known as Gharapurichi Leni), a network of sculpted caves located on Elephanta Island in Mumbai Harbor. This Great Cave was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site to preserve the artwork. The island has two groups of caves - the first is a large group of five Hindu caves, the second, two Buddhist caves.
- Excellent value for money
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourAfter 7am pickup at your hotel in Mumbai, travel in a private carto the Gateway of India terminal to board a ferry to Elephanta Island. During the 1-hour crossing, enjoy views of the coastline and the city of Mumbai. After arriving, begin exploring each of the seven caves in the Elephanta Caves complex including five Hindu caves and two Buddhist caves.
Enter the main cave, where your guide will point out details of the impressive sprawling structure including high ceilings and towering support beams, columns, and pillars.The caves are hewn from solid basalt rock. The rock cut architecture of the caves has been dated to between the 5th and 8th centuries, although the identity of the original builders is still a subject of debate. Admire what remains of the original wall art including detailed reliefs and carvings depicting the goddess Shiva.
Next, follow your guide to the eastern part of the island and Stupa Hill where two more caves can be found. Admire the excavation work and the wall art which depicts scenes from Buddhism before taking the ferry back to Mumbai where your car and driver wait to return you to your hotel around 2pm.
Inclusions for Private Elephanta Caves Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private vehicle
- Ferry between Gateway of India and Elephanta Island
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Elephanta Caves Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The duration of transfers is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic condition
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Highlights Of Mumbai: Sightseeing Tour Of Mumbai
- Private Tour: Kanheri Caves, Elephanta Caves Or Karla And Bhaja Caves From Mumbai
- Full-Day Bollywood Tour In Mumbai
- World Famous Ancientness Elephanta Caves Tour With Toy Train Ride
- Mumbai Bicycle Tour
- Mumbai Street Food Tour
- Private Arrival Transfer: Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM) To Mumbai Hotels
- Bollywood Mumbai By Night
- Full Day Bollywood Tour
- Package 1 Half Day Bollywood Tour