Private Emilia Romagna Food Tour From Milan
OverviewFrom succulent Parma harm to rich Parmesan, discover the Emilia Romagna regions finest gourmet products on a private half- or full-day tour from Milan. Choose to drive yourself and your guide, or to have a driver chauffer you, then set off to discover the regions culinary secrets. Learn about artisanal production methods with visits to a cheese dairy and a Parma ham producer, and savor a delicious lunch at a wine cellar. On the full-day tour, you'll also savor the unique flavor of aged balsamic vinegar.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourHalf-Day Tour (5 Hours):
If youve elected to avail of a driver and car, start your tour with a pickup from your hotel or preferred meeting point in central Milan. If youre driving yourself, hop inside your own vehicle and meet your guide in Parma (meeting point provided in your booking confirmation).
Then, take a spin around the scenic Emilia Romagna region and seek out some of the regions most sought-after gastronomic exports. As you travel, chat with your private guide about the history of the province and its high-quality produce.
Stop into a traditional cheese factory and watch local artisans at work. Learn about the lengthy aging process that gives the cheese its unique flavor, and see the aging wheels of Parmesan stacked high before sampling the delicious cheese for yourself.
Next, visit a Parma ham producer, who will explain the painstaking curing processes that make the ham as tender and flavorful as possible. Then, hit the road once more, stopping briefly in the medieval village of Torrechiara. Use your camera to capture photos with the 15th-century castle as a picturesque backdrop.
Continue to a wine cellar in the Colli di Parma wine region. Enjoy a lunch comprised of local specialties such as fresh pasta, cured meat and cheese, washed down with mouthwatering local wines like lambrusco and malvasia.
After lunch, begin the journey back to Milan, where your tour concludes back at your accommodation or preferred drop-off point (if option selected).
Full-Day Tour (7 Hours):
Follow the itinerary for the half-day tour in the morning. Then, after lunch, head for a traditional balsamic vinegar producer in the Modena region.
After learning how it is made, taste the delicious vinegar for yourself, and see how it differs from the more commonplace versions. Later that afternoon, head back to Milan, where your tour concludes.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Private Emilia Romagna Food Tour From Milan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if car and driver option selected)
- Expert guide
- Professional driver (if car and driver option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned driver (if car and driver option selected)
- Cheese tasting
- Lunch with wine
- Balsamic vinegar tasting (if full-day option selected)
Exclusions for Private Emilia Romagna Food Tour From Milan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
For the self-drive option, please meet your guide in Parma (address provided in your booking confirmation). The guide may come in your car, or will be driving her/his own car and you would follow in your car.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Milan Airport Private Arrival Transfer
- Milan Airports Private Transfers to Milan City Centre or Vice Versa
- 4-Day Dolomites Tour from Milan
- 1.5-Hour Milan Segway Tour
- Private Tour: A Stroll Around Milanese Historical Craft Shops
- Discovering Milan on the Historic Tram
- Milan Gourmet Italian Food Tour
- Private Milan Wine Tasting with Italian Sommelier