Half-Day Tour (5 Hours):
If youve elected to avail of a driver and car, start your tour with a pickup from your hotel or preferred meeting point in central Milan. If youre driving yourself, hop inside your own vehicle and meet your guide in Parma (meeting point provided in your booking confirmation).
Then, take a spin around the scenic Emilia Romagna region and seek out some of the regions most sought-after gastronomic exports. As you travel, chat with your private guide about the history of the province and its high-quality produce.
Stop into a traditional cheese factory and watch local artisans at work. Learn about the lengthy aging process that gives the cheese its unique flavor, and see the aging wheels of Parmesan stacked high before sampling the delicious cheese for yourself.
Next, visit a Parma ham producer, who will explain the painstaking curing processes that make the ham as tender and flavorful as possible. Then, hit the road once more, stopping briefly in the medieval village of Torrechiara. Use your camera to capture photos with the 15th-century castle as a picturesque backdrop.
Continue to a wine cellar in the Colli di Parma wine region. Enjoy a lunch comprised of local specialties such as fresh pasta, cured meat and cheese, washed down with mouthwatering local wines like lambrusco and malvasia.
After lunch, begin the journey back to Milan, where your tour concludes back at your accommodation or preferred drop-off point (if option selected).
Full-Day Tour (7 Hours):
Follow the itinerary for the half-day tour in the morning. Then, after lunch, head for a traditional balsamic vinegar producer in the Modena region.
After learning how it is made, taste the delicious vinegar for yourself, and see how it differs from the more commonplace versions. Later that afternoon, head back to Milan, where your tour concludes.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 7 Hrs
Departure Time :
From Milan 7:30am , From Parma 8:30am
Departure Details :
Your Milan hotel or meeting point in central Parma
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewFrom succulent Parma harm to rich Parmesan, discover the Emilia Romagna regions finest gourmet products on a private half- or full-day tour from Milan. Choose to drive yourself or to have a driver chauffer you, then set off to discover the regions culinary secrets. Learn about artisanal production methods with visits to a cheese dairy and a Parma ham producer, and savor a delicious lunch at a wine cellar. On the full-day tour, you'll also savor the unique flavor of aged balsamic vinegar.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Half-Day Tour (5 Hours):
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if car and driver option selected)
- Expert guide
- Professional driver (if car and driver option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned driver (if car and driver option selected)
- Cheese tasting
- Lunch with wine
- Balsamic vinegar tasting (if full-day option selected)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
For the self-drive option, please meet your guide in Parma (address provided in your booking confirmation). The guide may come in your car, or will be driving her/his own car and you would follow in your car.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Small-Group Milan Walking Tour with da Vinci's 'The Last Supper' Tickets
- 2-hour Milan Skip the Line The Last Supper and Renaissance Walking Tour
- Last Supper Tickets and Guide
- Venice Day Trip from Milan
- Historic Milan Tour with Skip-the-Line Last Supper Ticket
- Milan Art Tour: Da Vinci's 'The Last Supper' and the Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore
- Private Milan Tour with Skip-the-Line Entry to 'The Last Supper'
- Skip the Line: Essential Milan Tour Including Da Vinci's 'The Last Supper'