OverviewFrom tempting pasta to rich, nutty Parmesan, taste the Emilia Romagna regions finest gourmet products on a private half- or full-day food tour from Parma or Bologna. Choose to drive yourself and your guide, or to have a driver chauffer you, then embark on a tour thats packed to the brim with gastronomic delights. Visit a cheese dairy and a Parma ham producer, and indulge in a delicious lunch at a wine cellar. On the full-day tour, you'll also savor the unique flavor of authentic aged balsamic vinegar.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourHalf-Day Tour (5 Hours):If you’ve elected to avail of a driver and car, start your tour with a pickup from your hotel or preferred meeting point in central Parma or Bologna. If you’re driving yourself, hop inside your own vehicle and pick up your guide in Parma. Then, set off to seek out some of the Emilia Romagna region’s most sought-after gastronomic exports.
Make your first stop at a cheese dairy to taste Parmesan cheese, which is nicknamed the 'King of Cheeses.' Watch the cheesemakers at work, and learn about the tightly regulated rules that govern the production of the artisanal product before indulging in a tasting.
Visit a Parma ham producer located in the foothills of Parma and learn why the prevailing wind that blows off the Ligurian Sea is needed to create perfect cured ham.
Continue on to the scenic medieval village of Torrechiara, where you'll pause for photos. An imposing 15th-century castle dominates the vistas.
Indulge in a tasting-style lunch in a Parma wine cellar. Munch on cold cuts, Parmesan, filled pasta and sweet handmade cakes. Then wash them down with local wine such as Lambrusco and Malvasia.
With your appetite sated, travel back to Parma or Bologna, where your tour concludes back at your accommodation or preferred drop-off point (if option selected).
Full-Day Tour (7 Hours):Follow the itinerary for the half-day tour in the morning. Then, after lunch, move on to a traditional balsamic vinegar producer with your private guide.
Listen as your guide shares facts and information about this prized gourmet product. The aged balsamic vinegar that is produced in Modena and Reggio Emilia is created using time-honored techniques that date back to the Middle Ages, and is very different to the balsamic condiment generally found on supermarket shelves.
After learning about the production process, experience the intense and complex flavors during a tasting.
In the afternoon, return to Parma or Bologna (depending on option selected), where your tour concludes.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Private Emilia Romagna Food Tour From Parma Or Bologna
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if car and driver option selected)
- Expert guide
- Professional driver (if car and driver option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned driver (if car and driver option selected)
- Cheese tasting
- Lunch with wine
- Balsamic vinegar tasting (if full-day option selected)
Exclusions for Private Emilia Romagna Food Tour From Parma Or Bologna
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Please note if you chose the self-drive option from Bologna, you will meet the guide once in Parma. The guide may come in your car, or will be driving her/his own car and you would follow in your car.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.